We Americans have had enough of politicians doing absolutely nothing for the American people! Our patience has run out! For nearly ten years, we have listened to politicians give excuse after promise, over and over again, of why nothing gets done in Washington DC.
You said you needed the House, we gave you the House. You said you needed the Senate, we gave you the Senate. You said you needed the White House, we gave you the White House. Hell, we even gave the Supreme Court as a bonus. Now get to work! For nearly ten years we suffered to give you what you needed to help us. Now help us!
Our people are in dire straits. Have you not been to rural America and seen the homeless on the side of the highways? Can you not hear our cries on the radio for help? Do you not see us serve your dinner in the restaurants you enjoy? Open your eyes, we are all around. We are hidden in plain sight, waiting for you to help us.
The following audio clip from a radio caller sums up my frustration, as well as most of America’s. Please listen, it’s brief and powerful.
Personally, I am unemployed, without healthcare insurance, and struggling to get by on Unemployment Insurance and my meager savings. I don’t want to live like this! I just want a job so I can pay my way and afford my healthcare insurance like I have done for so many years before. I do not want a handout. Believe it or not, I am lucky! I have no one to support other than myself. I am also educated and skilled. But even though I am blessed, there are thousands in this country who are much less fortunate than I am.
Look What You’ve Done!
Yes, the following is your fault, Congress!
- In the 1950s, a family of four lived in a nice house and owned a car, all supported by the head of the household. Typically, the father worked a 40-hour week and supported his stay-at-home wife with two kids, all while paying the mortgage on their house.
- By the 1980s, both the husband and the wife needed to work 40 hours each to support themselves, their kids, and pay the mortgage.
- Today, 2017. Most adults have roommates and live in an apartment to make ends meet. Marriage, home-ownership, and children are now considered luxuries for the rich to enjoy.
Congress is to blame for our declining economy. Since the FDR administration, spending on useless government boondoggles has been out of control. All this waste made the American people tighten their belts to no end. Now, we are starving, desperate, and poor. Not surprisingly, politicians are all rich.
We are Fed Up!
Damn it Congress, stop thinking about yourselves by spending four hours a day calling those who donate to your campaign. Stop taking three-week vacations every month. Stop arguing about impeachment, Russian collusion, political correctness, and all the other nonsense and get to damn work! Accept it, Trump is the President and Republicans have all the power. Wield it! Do some good for a change and stop the bickering. Think about us for a change! If you want to get re-elected, work for us, not your donors. If you do not, we will select another primary candidate in your stead. Believe me, the word will get out.
All of you politicians and lawmakers are up there on Capitol Hill making a fortune for doing virtually nothing! Most of you were rich lawyers, doctors, or businessmen before you even got to DC. Now you’re richer, work less, and have limitless healthcare insurance, for life! What have we gotten? You work for us, remember?
Again, you don’t seem to understand the gravity of the situation! We are tired and frustrated! We are not going to take it anymore.
- Our healthcare costs have skyrocketed, making it unaffordable to many, including myself
- Taxes have not been lowered meaning jobs have not returned
- Inflation is making life much more difficult for everyone in this country
- An unending sea of rules, regulations, fees, and taxes, makes it nearly impossible to start a small business
What are you doing for us? Why have you not solved any of these problems? Stop everything you’re doing and just do it!
- Repeal Obamacare
- Give us free market healthcare insurance, not crony, government sponsored healthcare insurance
- Lower taxes
- Simplify the tax code (10% flat tax. If it’s good enough for God, it’s good enough for us.)
- Get rid of the IRS and countless other useless agencies
- GET OUT OF OUR WAY!
The Second Amendment’s True Meaning Coming to Fruition
Our founders enshrined our right to keep and bear arms in the event our government ever became tyrannical. They knew the people were inherently free and would once again fight for that freedom if that time ever came to pass.
That time, it seems, is near. Average Americans are beginning to crack. James T. Hodgkinson took the first shot at our politicians out of sheer frustration. I fear there will be others. I believe others will begin to organize, protest, and possibly become violent if the people’s government continues to take advantage of its people. The Tea Party has spoken.