Written by Steve Cannon for USSANews.com.
It has become increasingly clear that our politicians are only interested in their own well-being. Save Ted Cruz, no one in Washington DC has opted to eat their own dog food. No matter who we elect, we the people, get the short end of the stick. Do not hold your breath for an affordable free market solution to health insurance. I believe our politicians have proven this point.
For years, we the people have simply asked for the repeal of Obamacare and to let the free market solve our health insurance woes. Our elected officials have let us down time and time again by only considering their needs and ignoring ours. Enough! We are a free people and it’s time we start acting like it.
No matter what DC dreams up, you can be sure it will not be in our best interest, and most certainly, not cheap. It’s time for action. My proposal is as follows. Doctors, clinics, hospitals, and all other health care workers, please implement the following immediately:
- Create a health subscription program for patients by receiving monthly dues from the patient.
- Within this, create a menu of costs and services offered within the subscription and let the patient decide what to purchase. Create a payment schedule if and when the costs become too great for the patient to bear.
- Create a menu of costs and services offered for patients who do not have a subscription and let the patient decide what to purchase. Create a payment schedule if and when the costs become too great for the patient to bear. Offer the subscription for future protection.
- For subscribed patients, create a menu of costs and services for emergencies that go beyond normal procedures and offer a payment schedule.
- For non-subscribed patients, create a menu of costs and services for emergencies that go beyond normal procedures and offer a payment schedule. Offer the subscription for future protection.
- Do not accept any insurance or money with government ties.
- Accept only personal payments (eg: cash, checks, etc.).
If this program were to be implemented and developed, most everyone in the country would sign up and be insured. Within one year, the cost of health insurance would be affordable by everyone, all without the “help” of Big Brother.
Remember when the 40” flat screen TV cost $15,000? Now you can buy it for $149 at Best Buy. Think about it.
We are the people. We are in control. Let’s get this done without government “helping” us.