Today Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT) introduced nine appropriations bills without longstanding Hyde protections. The Hyde Amendment and its family of pro-life riders stop taxpayer funded abortion at home and abroad and have saved millions of American lives. In addition to removing the Hyde Amendment, these bills also:
- Codify removal of the Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance Act (PLGHA), which was instituted by President Trump and stops U.S. taxpayer funding of the abortion industry overseas.
- Remove the Hyde-Weldon Amendment, which stops discrimination against healthcare entities that do not participate in abortion.
- Require Title X grantees to provide abortion counseling and referrals, in addition to increasing Title X funding by 75%.
- Remove the Dornan Amendment, which stops taxpayer funding of abortion in the District of Columbia.
- Remove the Smith Amendment, which stops taxpayer funding of abortion for federal employees.
- Gut the Kemp-Kasten Amendment, which stops U.S. dollars from funding organizations that support or participate in coercive abortion or involuntary sterilization.
- Increase funding by over $20 million for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), which has actively partnered with some of the worst human rights abusers in the world, like China and North Korea.
- And more
SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser called out Democrats in a statement:
Click Like if you are pro-life to like the LifeNews Facebook page!
“Democrat senators are marching in lockstep with Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and the radical abortion lobby over the will of the American people and the lives of the vulnerable. Not only do they want to expand abortion on demand here at home, but they also want to make the United States the number one exporter of abortions overseas. Senator Leahy’s calls for bipartisanship ring hollow as he introduces bills that scrap several strong pro-life protections, including the Hyde Amendment, which has enjoyed broad bipartisan consensus for over four decades. Abortion is violence against the most innocent, not ‘health care,’ and Americans should never be forced to be complicit.
“These bills are a political liability for pro-abortion Democrats. We thank our pro-life Senate allies for holding the line against abortion extremism and working to ensure that the Hyde Amendment remains in effect.”
Earlier this year SBA List launched a six-figure digital ad campaign exposing the pro-abortion extremism of Democrats for their opposition to Hyde. The campaign targets Senators Raphael Warnock (D-GA) and Mark Kelly (D-AZ), as well as vulnerable House Democrats up for re-election next year in competitive districts.
The post Senate Democrats Introduce 9 Spending Bills That Would Force Americans to Fund Abortions appeared first on LifeNews.com.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Mallory Quigley
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://www.lifenews.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.