On Wednesday, National Right to Life made known its intent to score any House roll-call votes on the so-called Women’s Health Protection Act (H.R. 3755).
“The Women’s Health Protection Act is designed to remove all legal protections for unborn children on both the federal and state levels,” said Carol Tobias, president of National Right to Life (NRLC). “The Women’s Health Protection Act is, in effect, the Abortion-Without-Limits-Until Birth Act.”
Tobias continued, “The only ones to benefit from this legislation would be abortionists and abortion providers such as Planned Parenthood. This legislation endangers women and their unborn children, would expand taxpayer funding of abortion, and would no longer require that a woman be given information about the development of her unborn child.”
Among the protective laws that the bill would nullify:
· Requirements to provide women seeking abortion with specific information on their unborn child and on alternatives to abortion;
· Laws providing reflection periods (waiting periods);
· Laws allowing medical professionals to opt-out of providing abortions;
· Laws limiting the performance of abortions to licensed physicians;
· Bans on elective abortion after 20 weeks when an unborn child is capable of feeling pain;
· Bans on the use of abortion as a method of sex selection. Anti-sex selection laws generally have broad public support in the states in which they are enacted, including support from substantial majorities of women.
HELP LIFENEWS SAVE BABIES FROM ABORTION! Please help LifeNews.com with a year-end donation!
The bill would also undo most previously enacted federal limits on abortion, including federal conscience protection laws and most, if not all, limits on government funding of abortion.
“According to pro-abortion groups, if this law is enacted, abortion-on-demand would be allowed in all 50 states, even if Roe v. Wade is weakened or overturned. Elective abortion would become the procedure that must always be facilitated – never delayed, never impeded to the slightest degree,” said Jennifer Popik, J.D., director of Federal Legislation for National Right to Life. “This legislation would invalidate nearly all existing state limitations on abortion.”
The post Nancy Pelosi’s “Women’s Health Protection Act” Would Allow Abortions Up to Birth appeared first on LifeNews.com.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Laura Echevarria
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://www.lifenews.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.