American COVID-19 concerns have led to recommendations and mandates that many believe have been and continue to be unsafe, invasive, extreme, ineffective, and unnecessary. This includes “contract tracing” for school children and adults (see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5).
Since COVID vaccines became readily available, the focus has shifted to pressuring Americans to “get the shot” despite increasing reports, testimonies, and warnings about side effects and deaths after receiving it. Children’s Health Defense has been tirelessly updating their newsletter with incidents that are often being glazed over or sparsely reported at all. Recent media coverage by Bill Maher and Tucker Carlson have also provided viewers with reasons to be hesitant about “rolling up their sleeves”. Of course, American vaccine side effects, injuries and deaths have been happening for decades (see 1, 2, 3,). That’s also why many remain hesitant.
But none of this has stopped the push to “take the shot” by businesses and elected officials. Last month, Kentucky governor, Andy Beshear offered to lift additional mandates after 2.5 million residents were vaccinated. Last night Ohio governor, Mike Dewine, announced that he is cancelling COVID mandates and using federal funds to set up a lottery for vax recipients.
From NBC Nightly News:
Get vaccinated in Ohio and get a shot at $1 million, Gov. Mike DeWine announces
DeWine said there would be five weekly lottery-style drawings for vaccinated Ohioans.
Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine on Wednesday announced a novel incentive program for people in his state to get vaccinated — a $1 million lottery.
DeWine, a Republican, said only people who’ve gotten the vaccine will be eligible to win the prize, which will be paid for by federal coronavirus funds.
“Two weeks from tonight on May 26th, we will announce a winner of a separate drawing for adults who have received at least their first dose of the vaccine. This announcement will occur each Wednesday for five weeks, and the winner each Wednesday will receive one million dollars,”DeWine said in a series of tweets.
“To be eligible to win, you must be at least 18 years of age or older on the day of the drawing. You must be an Ohio resident. And, you must be vaccinated before the drawing,” he added.
He acknowledged the incentive might strike some people as a waste of money, but he said he disagreed.
“I know that some may say, ‘DeWine, you’re crazy! This million-dollar drawing idea of yours is a waste of money.’ But truly, the real waste at this point in the pandemic — when the vaccine is readily available to anyone who wants it — is a life lost to COVID-19,” he wrote.
Yes, Governor, DeWine, some may say you’re crazy. Is it even legal to use federal COVID funds to create a lottery-style drawing for vaccine recipients?
Not mentioned in DeWine’s statement – state legislation would have cancelled his COVID mandates before the end of June anyway. D’oh!
Provide, Protect and Profit from what’s coming! Get a free issue of Counter Markets today.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Activist Post
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://www.activistpost.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.