OTAY MESA, CA – On March 3rd, San Diego Sector Border Patrol agents arrested a previously convicted sex offender who reportedly illegally entered the United States.
This arrest five months into Fiscal Year 2021 marks the 25th convicted sex offender apprehended by San Diego Sector agents – which is the equivalent to the total number of previously convicted sex offenders apprehended in Fiscal Year 2020.
In the first 5 months this fiscal year, #BorderPatrol agents in San Diego have arrested 25 sex offenders. This is equal to the total apprehended locally during all of last fiscal year. Apprehending predators like these makes our communities safer. Read: https://t.co/Qp1EoZtkbH pic.twitter.com/jJbj8CMTJ6
— Chief Patrol Agent Aaron M. Heitke (@USBPChiefSDC) March 5, 2021
The recent apprehension occurred on March 3rd at approximately 11:30 a.m. while Border Patrol agents were patrolling the Otay Mountain Wilderness.
Agents had reportedly encountered a 34-year-old male roughly one and a half miles north of the international border, which the man was later identified to be a Mexican national and had admitted to illegally crossing into the country.
When agents returned to the station to process the man, a records check returned an October 2017 conviction for lewdness with a child under age 16 in Nevada.
Said Mexican national was reportedly sentenced to four years in prison for the offense, and was reportedly returned to Mexico following his release from prison.
— Sherry (@Sherry_2021) March 6, 2021
San Diego Sector Chief Patrol Agent Aaron Heitke afforded the following statement commending the work of his agents:
“I commend our agents for their steadfast protection of America. Apprehending predators like these makes our communities safer.”
Apparently, the arrest of the convicted sex offender by San Diego Sector agents on March 3rd is a concerning milestone five months into the current fiscal year for the agency, according to a statement from the CBP:
“In fiscal year 2020, SDC’s Border Patrol agents arrested 25 sex offenders. During fiscal year 2021, 25 sex offenders were arrested in San Diego Sector during the first five months.”
“With a growing number of arrests in recent years, SDC began tracking the annual apprehension of sex offenders in 2019.”
In other recent apprehension involving previously convicted sex offenders, Del Rio Sector Border Patrol Agents apprehended two of them in late February.
— CBP South Texas (@CBPSouthTexas) March 3, 2021
In a statement provided by Del Rio Sector Chief Patrol Agent Austin L. Skero II, the following was noted about the apprehensions:
“Our agents arrested two more sex offenders over the weekend, one of whom was convicted of third-degree rape in Kentucky.”
“This is why it is critically important that Border Patrol Agents are out there, on the border, identifying everyone who crosses our borders illegally.”
The illegal immigrant who had been previously convicted of third-degree rape was arrested on February 27th, and identified as 49-year-old Roman Gonzalez-Flores.
Uvalde Station agents recently arrested a previously deported convicted rapist who now faces a sentence of up to 20 years in prison. Read the full story here: https://t.co/vYEU1BJRwx @CBPSouthTexas pic.twitter.com/z92CYlmWYn
— Chief Patrol Agent Austin Skero (@USBPChiefDRT) March 2, 2021
According to officials, Gonzalez-Flores is a Mexican national who carried a third-degree rape conviction from back in 2004 and was sentenced to two years in prison for said offense.
Records showed that Gonzalez-Flores was already previously removed from the United States earlier in 2021, which with him being a convicted felon, is now facing up to 20 years in prison for re-entry after deportation.
Del Rio Sector agents have also had a busy Fiscal Year 2021 when it comes to apprehending convicted sex offenders, as there have already been 56 illegal immigrants with prior sexual assault convictions arrested.
Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters? Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you. Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories. Click to check it out.
In other immigration-related news, a previously deported Honduran national was recently sentenced to 20 years in prison for a kidnapping plot where murder was the ultimate intent behind the kidnapping.
Here’s that previous report from earlier in March.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – A previously deported Honduran national was recently sentenced to 20 years in prison for kidnapping his ex-girlfriend, in which said kidnapping was an effort to kill the victim – which luckily the victim was able to escape before the plot could come to fruition.
— FAIR (@FAIRImmigration) March 4, 2021
On February 23rd of 2021, 38-year-old Luis Analberto Pineda-Anchecta was sentenced to 20 years in prison, with deportation proceedings slated for after the completion of his sentence.
Pineda-Anchecta had been awaiting sentencing since June of 2020, after he was convicted of kidnapping his ex-girlfriend and threatening to kill her on May 21st, 2019.
The events leading up to the kidnapping started back on May 15th, 2019, according to prosecutors.
Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department had arrested Pineda-Anchecta on May 15th, 2019 under charges of assault and communicating threats against his girlfriend.
Roughly two days after his arrest, Pineda-Anchecta bonded out of jail.
Then, on the evening of May 21st, 2019, Pineda-Anchecta and one other masked assailant abducted his ex-girlfriend as she was walking to her vehicle at her apartment complex in Charlotte.
Pineda-Anchecta grabbed her arm, stuffed a rag into her mouth, and used some sort of a cord or rope to wrap around her head to keep the rag secured in her mouth.
Pineda-Anchecta and the other assailant then forced the woman into the passenger seat of a vehicle, with Pineda-Anchecta telling the victim:
“I love you and I’m going to kill you.”
The second assailant was said to have not joined Pineda-Anchecta in the vehicle once the victim was secured in there, and Pineda-Anchecta began to drive himself and the victim to a wooded area off of the Lancaster Highway.
— U.S. Attorney WDNC (@USAO_WDNC) February 24, 2021
While keeping a firm grip on the cord/rope bound on the woman’s face, Pineda-Anchecta dragged the victim into the woods – an area that Pineda-Anchecta was reportedly familiar with, as he’d previously gone fishing in the area before.
A struggle ensued at some point, with the victim eventually being able to escape and make her way back to the highway where she was able to flag down some drivers who offered to help her.
The victim later informed police that it was Pineda-Anchecta who was responsible for kidnapping her, and police later found a spool of plastic rope and the victim’s cell phone inside Pineda-Anchecta’s vehicle after executing a search warrant.
Following a two-day trial, Pineda-Anchecta was convicted of kidnapping on June 23rd of 2020.
When handing down Pineda-Anchecta’s sentence, U.S. District Judge Robert J. Conrad Jr described the incident as, “a series of violent acts between the defendant and victim that escalated over time and culminated into this offense.”
But what resulted in the enhanced sentencing for the kidnapping conviction, according to Judge Conrad, was that “this was not a mere kidnapping, but that the defendant intended to kill the victim.”
According to the Justice Department, Pineda-Anchecta is illegally present within the United States and that he’d already once been convicted of illegal reentry by a deported alien where he’d served seven months for said previous conviction.
Pineda-Anchecta is currently in federal custody and is awaiting transfer to a federal Bureau of Prisons facility, once a facility location is determined.
Upon completion of his sentence, Pineda-Anchecta will then be subject to a formal deportation proceeding.
Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.
Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Gregory Hoyt
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.