Police say a 12-year-old Nebraska girl found safe last week had been kidnapped by a man who lured her to his apartment through Snapchat.
According to 3 News Now, the 12-year-old disappeared from her South Omaha home last week after meeting a man online, identified as 30-year-old Devon Miller, of Council Bluffs.
He’s now facing first-degree kidnapping charges, ABC 7 reports.
Police said the child was safely returned home after being found in the defendant’s apartment. Miller allegedly confessed to messaging her on Snapchat and was taken into custody without incident.
“A lot of predators go to Snapchat because a lot of kids allow each other to follow them,” Suzie Fogarty, community outreach specialist with Smart Gen Society, told ABC 7.
“It is very typical predator behavior.
“Never allow your kids with a device in their bedroom. You can safeguard them from a lot of things.”
Meanwhile, First Alert 6 reports that at the time of his arrest, Miller had arrests warrants in Story County, Iowa.
He’s currently behind bars with at the Pottawattamie County Jail on a $1 million cash bond.
Miller’s preliminary hearing has been scheduled for September 2.
For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast.
[Feature Photo: Devon Miller/Council Bluffs Police Department]
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Leigh Egan
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://www.crimeonline.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.