President Donald Trump has revoked former Vice President Kamala Harris’ Secret Service protection, effective Sept. 1, a senior White House official confirmed.
The decision ends the additional year of coverage that former President Joe Biden had quietly added to the standard six-month protection for ex-vice presidents.
Trump’s order states, “You are hereby authorized to discontinue any security-related procedures previously authorized by Executive Memorandum, beyond those required by law, for the following individual, effective September 1, 2025: Former Vice President Kamala D. Harris.”
Typically, vice presidents receive six months of protection after leaving office unless a sitting president extends it.
By contrast, former presidents and their spouses receive lifetime coverage unless they decline it.
The Wall Street Journal reports that Harris’ detail was initially set to expire on July 21, and her husband, Doug Emhoff, had his own protection removed earlier in July.
The revocation comes as Harris prepares to launch a global book tour promoting her memoir, “107 Days,” which chronicles her 2024 presidential campaign.
The 15-city tour begins on Sept. 24, immediately following her book’s release, with stops in major U.S. cities including New York, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles, as well as international destinations such as Canada and London.
The tour is set to conclude in Miami on Nov. 20, as Resist the Mainstream previously highlighted.
The memoir offers a behind-the-scenes perspective on what Harris calls “the shortest presidential campaign in modern history,” aiming to share lessons learned and guidance on moving “forward together.”
Harris’ team acknowledged the end of her protection with professionalism.
Senior adviser Kirsten Allen told CNN that the former vice president is “grateful” to the Secret Service for their “professionalism, dedication, and unwavering commitment to safety,” The Daily Caller reports.
Democratic officials criticized the move.
California Gov. Gavin Newsom said no public official should be “subject to erratic, vindictive political impulses,” while Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass called it an “act of revenge” by Trump, citing concerns for Harris’ personal safety.
Trump’s decision follows a pattern of revoking protections for former officials.
Earlier this year, he ended Secret Service coverage for former national security adviser John Bolton and stripped Biden of security clearances and daily intelligence briefings.
These actions underscore the discretionary authority sitting presidents have over post-office protections and the precedent for adjusting security for former officials.
Sources suggest that Harris’ candidacy, race and gender may have influenced Biden’s extension of her coverage, though no official reasoning has been provided for Trump’s revocation.
Local law enforcement, such as the Los Angeles Police Department, could provide security support during her book tour, ensuring safety at public events and appearances, according to the New York Post.
As Harris embarks on her book tour, coordination between her team and local authorities will be essential to maintain security while meeting audiences.
The move highlights the broader implications of presidential discretion over post-office protections and raises questions about how former vice presidents’ safety is managed when federal detail is removed.
The post Trump Strips Kamala Harris of Secret Service Protection Ahead of Book Tour appeared first on Resist the Mainstream.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Gloriel Howard
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://resistthemainstream.org and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.