Left inset: India Kinamore (Walker Funeral Homes). Right inset: Kayvon Warren (Colerain Police Department). Background: Kayvon Warren in court for allegedly killing his pregnant ex-girlfriend India Kinamore in Ohio (WLWT).
An Ohio man accused of gunning down his pregnant ex-girlfriend with two of his pals — just hours before she was scheduled for induced labor — allegedly requested bereavement leave from his job before her death, prosecutors say.
Kayvon Warren, 30, allegedly asked his employers for time off before he enlisted Robert Ervin, 20, and Lamar Morris Suggs, 22, to help kill India Kinamore, 26, on March 4, 2023, in Hamilton County, according to The Cincinnati Enquirer and local CBS affiliate WKRC. The outlets have been in attendance for Warren’s court appearances for his multiple charges, which include aggravated murder and burglary, and each obtained details Thursday about Warren’s indictment after it was announced by local prosecutors.
According to reports, Hamilton County Prosecutor Connie Pillich says that Warren, Ervin and Suggs allegedly staged Kinamore’s death to look like a burglary. She says Warren was desperate for money and about to lose his home, per WKRC, while being in a relationship with another woman. Warren, who was the father of Kinamore’s unborn child, had asked her to terminate her pregnancy and she allegedly refused, instead choosing to keep the child, Pillich says.
Love true crime? Sign up for our newsletter, The Law&Crime Docket, to get the latest real-life crime stories delivered right to your inbox.
When the day came that she was scheduled to be induced — March 4, 2023 — Warren and his alleged accomplices set upon the mother-to-be while she was home with her 6-year-old son, who found her dying, according to prosecutors.
“This should have been one of the happiest days of India’s life,” Pillich said in a statement Thursday, according to the Enquirer. “Instead, the father of the child conspired with two others to kill her,” the prosecutor alleged. “It is heartbreaking. My office will see that justice is done for both India and her baby.”
Authorities have previously said that Warren and the others were in an alleged group chat together and spoke about meeting up that night to murder Kinamore and her unborn child before she could give birth later that day, according to reports. Pillich says Warren’s alleged request for bereavement leave shows the premeditated nature of his crimes, the Enquirer reports.
Officers responded to 2369 Hiddenmeadows Drive at around 4:40 a.m. the day Kinamore was killed and found her suffering from a fatal gunshot wound. Her 6-year-old son stumbled upon the expectant mother and called his grandmother, saying “My mommy has been shot,” according to family members.
The Colerain Township Police Department announced Warren’s arrest, along with the others, in a press release on Aug. 21.
Warren, Ervin and Suggs have each been charged with aggravated murder, felonious assault, and burglary, according to court records. Warren and Ervin were being held on $600,000 bonds that were set during their arraignment last week; Suggs has been locked up in an Ohio prison for unrelated charges and has not appeared in court for the Kinamore killing yet. They were all still behind bars Thursday as Pillich announced their indictments.
“I never gave up,” Terri Kinamore, India’s mother, told Fox affiliate WXIX on Wednesday after visiting her gravesite. “Now I am able to come back and tell her that the people that did this to her, they have been caught and justice will be served,” Terri Kinamore said. “I thought that Kayvon was a nice, upstanding gentleman and he turned out to be the complete opposite. A monster, because only a monster would do something like that.”
The post ‘Monster’ ex-boyfriend requested bereavement leave before killing mother of his unborn child, who was just hours from her scheduled delivery: DA first appeared on Law & Crime.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Chris Perez
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://lawandcrime.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.