
The first major school shooting of the 2025/2026 school year happened yesterday. As usual, reports were all over the place, and at first, it was hard to cut through the fog of misinformation and find the truth. But we here at The Dana Show would rather be a tad bit late to the story and have our information correct than give you the wrong information. So with that in mind, let’s look at the event itself, the perpetrator, and the reaction.
THE EVENT
Annunciation Catholic School is a Pre-K through 8th-grade school affiliated with the Annunciation Catholic Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Typically, the whole school attends the 8:15 AM mass on Wednesday mornings. This was their first week back in session, and the first mass of the school year.
A few minutes before 8:30 AM, a neighbor heard the sustained gunfire and called 911. The shooter, dressed in black, apparently parked in the church lot and approached the side of the building. Somehow, he placed a couple of 2x4s through the door handles on that side of the building, which appears to be an attempt to barricade them. According to a video found on his YouTube account (Archived to X when YouTube deleted the account), the 2x4s were rigged with a smoke-bomb-like firework that was supposed to go off if anyone tried to leave. Then he opened fire from outside the building, shooting through the stained-glass windows into the sanctuary. In a message posted by the church, the archbishop says the kids & parishioners inside quickly sheltered under the pews as instructed.
Police responded quickly. One parent who was present to participate in the morning mass said an officer ran into the sanctuary while the suspect was still shooting, and then ran back outside when he realized where the shots were coming from. It was about that time that the Shooter ran like a coward to the back of the church and offed himself, ending the threat.
When the dust had settled, it was revealed that two children, ages 8 and 10, had died where they sat in the pews. Fourteen other children, ages ranging from 6 -15, were wounded by the gunfire. Also wounded were three 80-year-old parishioners. All of the 17 injured are expected to survive, although several remain in critical condition. Ten of the victims, including all of the critical cases, were taken to Hennepin Healthcare. Six children and one adult are listed in critical condition. The other seven injured kids were taken to the nearby Children’s Hospital. As of 4:30 pm local time, four of them had already been discharged and sent home.
THE SHOOTER
The person who took himself out rather than face justice has been identified, and his name can be found all over the internet at this point, so I will not be naming him here. I will be referring to him as The Coward. The shooter even said not to put his face on the news or say his name, as it would only inspire the next ones.
The Coward set up a series of videos to release on YouTube (Archived to X when YouTube deleted the account) just before he opened fire. Included in those videos were a letter to his family, a view of his entire diary written in English using the Cyrillic alphabet as a code to hide his thoughts from everyone, and his weapons.
This fool idolized school shooters and violence. According to translations of his writings, he wanted to off himself a long time ago, but he wanted to go out in a grand style that would grab attention. He seems to have chosen the Catholic school because he graduated the 8th grade there in 2017, and his mother used to work at the church as a secretary until 2021, when she retired.
The Coward was born male, but, with the help of his mother, legally changed his identity to female in 2020. However, it seems that he had recently rejected his female identity but didn’t want to admit it to the world, as he felt it would be seen as a defeat. He also seemed pretty confident that he had given himself cancer due to “vaping and other means,” despite not seeing a doctor.
The videos show that he decorated his weapons (an AR-15 rifle, a Mossberg 590 Cruiser shotgun, a Smith & Wesson M&P compact 9mm handgun, and a revolver, all purchased legally) much like the New Zealand Christchurch shooter. There is a thread of them on X, but the one that stands out to me, especially after reading through the translations of his diary, is the one on his 9mm: “There is no message.”
After reading through his ramblings about how infatuated he has been with the idea of death and mass shootings for years, I think that much of the racist, antisemitic, and political messages are red herrings meant to keep us talking about him long after he’s gone. According to the NYPost, which was able to translate the whole thing, even though he discussed his hatred for different races and ethnicities, he ultimately said, “While I don’t really like being around people of color, I don’t give enough of a shit about them to take my life for them.” He also wrote, “I can’t really put my finger on a specific purpose. It definitely won’t be for racism or white supremacy.”
THE RESPONSE
The media response was predictable. So many on the different networks called for gun control, I can’t even try to link all the sources. Fox News had its analyst on to ramble about red flag laws.
The responses from the Democrat leadership of the city and state were predictable and stale. While they each stopped just shy of calling for gun control, they all used the typical democrat dog whistles for it. Governor “Tampon Tim” Walz cried on national tv. Mayor Jacob Frey made sure to emote really hard into the microphones so you would know how much he cared while he screamed that your prayers mean nothing and defended the Trans community. Keep in mind, this is the guy who genuflected at George Floyd’s funeral during the COVID lockdowns. Ilhan Omar made an appearance to call for a “national conversation.” Klobuchar managed to make it all about her by declaring that one of her poor, mistreated former employees’ kid was there and saw it all. Of the lot, only the police chief was a beacon of calm strength at a time when the community needed it.
In my opinion, the worst responses came from the Principal and the archbishop of the diocese. Principal DeBoer praised his kids and staff, then mentioned that the theme of the school year was “Hope for the future,” but he didn’t know how any of them would ever hope again. This is the man in charge of a religious institution, one that is supposed to follow the Bible. Then, Archbishop Hebda said he needed to correct Principal Deboer’s statement on hope. He said that “we need to be men and women of hope” and that the source of our hope lies in becoming men and women of action. This truly saddened me, because it exposed both men as false teachers. As Christians, and even as Catholics, our hope comes from the Lord, not man. We are told in Psalm 62:5 to find rest and comfort in the Lord, as our hope comes from him. We know from the Gospels that if anyone believes in the Lord, death is not the end. Evil will not win. And yet, here are these two men, especially the archbishop who is supposed to be the shepherd of his flock, telling us to find hope in each other, in “action.” It disappointed me.
We can talk about transitioning being the opposite of God’s will for our lives and detrimental to both physical and mental health. But in the end, as I’ve said before:
Mental illness is NOT an excuse for evil.
Evil is Evil. Evil is NOT a mental illness.
What happened yesterday in Minneapolis was evil. It was the last, desperate act of an evil that no one seemed to see coming. He wanted to die. But he didn’t want to just off himself and be another nobody who couldn’t hack it. He wanted us to know his name. He spent a long time planning what he would do. He did everything he could to hide his true feelings from the world around him because he didn’t want anyone to stop him.
But the joke’s on him. I’ve read the ending. Evil doesn’t win.
Lorraine Yuriar is a wife, mother, and lifelong conservative, currently stuck in a very blue state.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Lorraine Yuriar
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://danaloesch.substack.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.