Federal law enforcement officials in Washington, D.C., successfully thwarted a potential school shooting by arresting a juvenile in the city’s seventh ward, White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt confirmed Thursday.
The juvenile faces multiple charges, including threats to kidnap and injure, possession of stolen property, firearms and ammunition and a large-capacity feeding device.
Investigators launched the case after discovering social media posts in which he allegedly threatened a school.
A search of the suspect’s residence yielded seven firearms. Leavitt emphasized the danger posed by the individual.
“This was a juvenile who was a risk to not just himself but the community here in Washington, and he was removed from the community last night because of the law enforcement efforts of this administration,” she said.
The arrest comes amid national concern over school security following the deadly attack at Annunciation Catholic School in Minneapolis on Wednesday, where 23-year-old Robert “Robin” Westman killed two children, ages eight and 10 and injured 17 others during a school-wide Mass.
Westman, who identified as “trans,” posted disturbing videos online and inscribed messages on his weapons referencing previous mass shooters. He ultimately died by suicide after the attack.
In response to rising crime rates in the district, President Trump deployed approximately 2,000 National Guard troops to Washington, D.C., earlier this month.
This federal intervention aimed to restore law and order in the city.
Since the deployment, crime statistics have shown notable improvements, including a 38 percent reduction in homicides, a 45 percent drop in violent crime and an 87 percent decline in carjackings, per the New York Post.
For the first time in recent memory, the city went over a week without a homicide. Residents have reported feeling safer, with a Washington Post poll indicating that 78 percent of D.C. residents feel very or somewhat safe in their neighborhoods, up from 76 percent in May.
Those reporting feeling “very safe” rose from 26 percent to 39 percent.
Despite these gains, some residents and critics remain concerned about the federal presence.
Masked ICE agents and National Guard troops have been cited as sources of unease, and Mayor Muriel Bowser acknowledged a “break in trust” between residents and federal officers.
Some argue that such deployments are unnecessary and could erode community relations.
Leavitt framed the juvenile arrest as part of broader efforts by the Trump Administration to combat crime in the nation’s capital, according to Trending Politics.
She highlighted a statement from First Lady Melania Trump on identifying early warning signs of mass shooters.
“Early warning signs are often evident, with many individuals exhibiting concerning behaviors and making violent threats online prior to their actions,” Leavitt said. “We encourage all Americans, as the old saying goes, if you see something, say something. If you see warning signs or threats, report it to law enforcement. Federal law enforcement will take those reports and threats seriously.”
Officials also emphasized the administration’s broader crime-reduction achievements in D.C., citing more than 1,283 arrests since the current leadership took office and declines in overall crime (19 percent), violent crime (30 percent), homicides (57 percent), assaults with deadly weapons (23 percent) and carjackings (67 percent).
The case underscores ongoing concerns about juvenile access to firearms and the role of social media in signaling potential threats.
Authorities continue to urge parents, educators and community members to report suspicious behavior immediately, and they stressed that all threats are treated as emergencies to prevent potential violence.
As investigations continue, federal and local authorities remain focused on identifying early warning signs and removing potential threats before attacks occur.
The Washington arrest demonstrates the administration’s proactive approach to preventing school-based violence, while the recent Minneapolis tragedy highlights the urgency of coordinated law enforcement and community vigilance.
WATCH:
The post Federal Authorities Prevent Potential School Shooting in Washington, D.C. appeared first on Resist the Mainstream.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Gloriel Howard
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://resistthemainstream.org and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.