Authorities in Southern California have arrested Jake and Rebecca Haro, charging them for the death of their 7-month-old son, Emmanuel Haro, after initially reporting that he had been abducted outside a Big 5 Sporting Goods store in Yucaipa on Aug. 14.
Investigators grew suspicious of the couple’s account and launched a deeper investigation into the circumstances of the child’s death.
Riverside County District Attorney Michael Hestrin stated that Emmanuel likely suffered prolonged abuse leading up to his death.
“We believe baby Emmanuel was subject to abuse over time, and because of that abuse, he succumbed to his injuries,” Hestrin said.
Authorities reportedly used an undercover inmate to obtain a confession from Jake Haro, who allegedly admitted to causing his son’s death and disposing of the body in a trash receptacle; however, law enforcement has not confirmed this.
Rebecca Haro initially claimed that a stranger had abducted Emmanuel while she was changing his diaper outside the store.
She told police, “I got him out of the car seat, and I laid him down so I can get his diaper ready. I fell on the floor, and as soon as I got up, I couldn’t find my son.”
Meanwhile, Jake Haro publicly appealed for Emmanuel’s safe return, describing him as “a happy boy” and pleading with anyone who had taken him to come forward, according to The Gateway Pundit.
Authorities concluded that Emmanuel had likely died before the reported abduction, with Riverside County Sheriff’s deputies and San Bernardino police noting inconsistencies in the Haros’ statements.
Hestrin indicated that investigators have a general sense of where the infant’s remains may be, though no exact location has been confirmed.
Jake Haro’s prior criminal history has also come under scrutiny.
The New York Post reports that in 2018, he was convicted of severely abusing his 10-week-old daughter from a previous marriage, leaving her with fractured ribs, a fractured skull and a brain hemorrhage.
Despite the severity, he avoided prison time.
Hestrin criticized that outcome, stating, “That decision was absolutely outrageous. Mr. Haro should have been in prison.”
Authorities reportedly attempted a similar undercover tactic with Rebecca Haro, but she maintained her original story.
Emmanuel may have been deceased for weeks prior to the couple reporting the alleged abduction, according to The Post.
The Haros have two other children: a daughter, age two, and a 16-year-old stepson. The daughter is now in the custody of Riverside Child Protective Services.
The couple’s arraignment was initially scheduled for Tuesday but has been postponed.
Law enforcement agencies in Riverside County and San Bernardino continue to coordinate their investigation, reviewing prior reports of suspected child abuse linked to the Haros’ Moreno Valley residence.
“This tragedy underscores the consequences of past failures in the criminal justice system and the urgent need to protect vulnerable children,” Hestrin said.
Community members have expressed shock and outrage, highlighting concerns about child safety, abuse prevention and law enforcement oversight.
Emmanuel Haro’s body has not yet been recovered.
Authorities emphasized that they are pursuing all available leads to locate the infant and ensure accountability for the parents.
The investigation remains ongoing.
WATCH:
The post California Couple Arrested, Charged in Death of 7-Month-Old Son After Alleged Abduction Story appeared first on Resist the Mainstream.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Gloriel Howard
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://resistthemainstream.org and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.