The Minneapolis Police Department confirmed officers are responding to an active shooter situation at a Catholic school Wednesday morning. Authorities have not released any details on the number of victims but did say the shooter is “contained.”
The city’s official X account posted that the shooting happened at Annunciation Church. They said there is no longer any threat to the public but a large police presence is still in the area. They did not release any other details about the shooter besides that they were “contained.”
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz posted on social media shortly after learning about the event, saying he was briefed about the shooting and said it was the first week of school.
“I’ve been briefed on a shooting at Annunciation Catholic School and will continue to provide updates as we get more information,” he said. “I’m praying for our kids and teachers whose first week of school was marred by this horrific act of violence.”
Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey also posted on X, saying he is in touch with the police chief, and the city’s emergency response team is responding to the scene. Frey said he will hold a press conference at 11:30 a.m. ET.
Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem said the DHS is monitoring the situation and offered her prayers in a statement she released.
Annunciation Catholic School teaches students from pre-K to eighth grade.
The shooting follows a violent 12 hours in Minneapolis. Before the shooting, there were three deadly shootings in the city. In the most recent shooting, a person killed one man and injured another just after 2 a.m., according to NBC News.
Reported school shootings have increased in the last week as schools begin classes following the summer break. At least six universities across the country have reported school shooting hoaxes, including Villanova University.
This is a developing story, and more information will be provided as it becomes available.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Devin Pavlou
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://straightarrownews.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.