The United States Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin told lawmakers on Thursday that Chinese President Xi Jinping’s recent state visit to Russia should be regarded as a matter of grave concern for Washington. Lloyd said this meeting send a “very troubling message” to the U.S. ruling class.
Fully Vaccinated Pentagon Chief Lloyd Austin Tests Positive For COVID
Speaking at the House of Representatives subcommittee on defense appropriations, Austin was asked to comment on Xi’s trip to Moscow, and its ramifications for Sino-U.S. competition. “Xi’s visit to [Russian President Vladimir] Putin and remaining there for a couple of days I think sends a very troubling message, a message of support,” the Pentagon chief replied.
Lloyd stated that while the Pentagon has not seen signs that China had been providing Russia with military equipment for use against Ukraine, it is watching the situation “very closely,” cautioning that “if they were to go down that path, I think that would be very troubling for the international community.” He went on to warn that if Xi decided to arm Moscow, “it would prolong the conflict and certainly broaden the conflict potentially – not only in the region but globally.”
According to a report by RT, on Monday, the Chinese leader embarked on a three-day state visit to Moscow, holding talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin. During the summit, the two sides signed more than a dozen documents on increased defense and industrial and economic cooperation.
Moscow and Beijing also pledged to “deepen relations of comprehensive partnership and strategic interaction entering a new era.” –RT
The U.S. has repeatedly claimed that China has been considering sending arms to Russia. The U.S. also continues to threaten “consequences” should it make such a move. Beijing, however, has dismissed such plans, accusing Washington of “spreading false information” and “fanning the flames” of the Ukraine conflict.
“It is the United States and not China that is endlessly shipping weapons to the battlefield,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin said last month.
North Korea: 800K Youths “Volunteer” To Fight “Imperialist U.S.”
The U.S. has been seemingly trying to push this war to another level while working over time to make sure the war continues and all cease-fire attempts are off the table.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Mac Slavo
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, http://www.shtfplan.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.