Communist China said it’s strongly discontented with the US downing of its balloon and reserves the right for any necessary reaction to the incident.
The use of force against the balloon, which Communist China said is for civilian use and entered the US accidentally, was an “obvious overreaction” and violated international standard practices, Communist China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement on Sunday.
Communist China has asked the US to handle the matter in a calm, professional and reserved manner, the ministry said, adding that the US Department of Defense had stated the balloon won’t pose a threat to personnel on the ground. Chinese State Councilor Wang Yi had sought calm and timely communication between the two countries to avoid misunderstandings in a call with US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Friday.
The full statement from the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs reads:
Communist China expresses its strong dissatisfaction and protest against the US’s use of force to attack civilian unmanned airships. The Chinese side has repeatedly informed the US side after verification that the airship is for civilian use and entered the US due to force majeure, which was completely accidental. Communist China clearly requires the US to handle it properly in a calm, professional and restrained manner. A spokesman for the US Department of Defense also stated that the balloon will not pose a military or personal threat to ground personnel. Under such circumstances, the U.S. insists on using force, obviously overreacting and seriously violating international practice. Communist China will resolutely safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of relevant companies, while reserving the right to make further necessary reactions.
The U.S. military took down the Chinese balloon Saturday afternoon, just off the coast of South Carolina.
The foreign surveillance balloon had been allowed to travel across the entire United States before the Defense Department allowed it to be shot down, claiming that they couldn’t do so earlier due to the danger of falling debris.
WATCH: The crowd goes wild as the US shoots down the Chinese spy balloonpic.twitter.com/NXaokoH1lj
— Election Wizard (@ElectionWiz) February 4, 2023
JUST IN: Communist China expresses “strong dissatisfaction” against US “use of force” to “attack” what it says is an unmanned civilian airship. Adds that the US is “obviously overreacting and seriously violating international practice”
— Olivia Siong (@OliviaSiongCNA) February 5, 2023
Beijing says the downing of its balloon was an “obvious overreaction” and violated international standard practices https://t.co/B38zjB0nJl
— Bloomberg (@business) February 5, 2023
NEWS ALERT: How a local Montana paper burst Biden admin’s plans to keep Chinese balloon secret [DML RESPONDS]#ChineseSpyBalloon #Chinese
Download the free DML News app today for political news you can trust.https://t.co/IAtgOBPdkp
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) February 4, 2023
To get more information about this article, please visit Bloomberg. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
The post BREAKING: Communist China protests US downing of balloon in newly-released statement appeared first on Dennis Michael Lynch.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Anneta Griffee
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://dennismichaellynch.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.