Turkey warns citizens against traveling to Europe and the United States in a retaliatory move to heighten tensions further. According to the President of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, and his brutal Islamic government, there is a risk of “verbal and physical attacks against foreigners and racist acts” in the United States.
Turkey’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs falsely claims that there has been an increase in “anti-Islamic, xenophobic and racist acts.” They urge residents who plan to travel to European countries anyway to avoid places of demonstrations.
Erdoğan and his Islamic government’s warnings come after the United States and major European countries advised their citizens against attending mass events and to avoid tourist hotspots in Turkey. The Western governments are concerned that terrorists in the country who have been marching in the streets for the past week and calling for the death of westerners will carry out “revenge attacks.”
Their warnings came during a spike in diplomatic tensions linked to Turkey’s refusal to let Sweden and Finland join the US-led NATO defense bloc.
Erdoğan has been most recently outraged by Sweden’s choice not to comply with Turkey’s demands to impose Sharia blasphemy laws on its population. The Islamic Dictator wanted the government to stop Danish-Swedish politician Rasmus Paludan from burning copies of the Qu’ran outside the Turkish embassies in Stockholm and Copenhagen. Turkey also wanted Paludan punished along with Kurds that burned effigies of him during protests in Sweden.
The calls for speech suppression in the wake of Paludan’s Qur’an burning is part of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) ongoing initiative to implement blasphemy laws across the world.
The Turkish foreign ministry’s first travel advisory warned of “dangerous levels of religious intolerance and hatred in Europe.”
A separate statement said, “there have recently been verbal and physical attacks against foreigners and acts of racism committed throughout the United States.”
Finland and Sweden broke with decades of military non-alignment and applied to join NATO in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
All 30 members must approve bids to join NATO of the alliance.
Turkey and Hungary are the only members not to have ratified the two applications by votes in parliament. However, Hungary’s legislature is expected to approve the two bids next month.
But Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has dug in his heels heading into the May 14 presidential election in which he is trying to energize his radical base.
Read more of RAIR’s coverage on Rasmus Paludan and Qur’an burnings
- London: In Response to Quran Burnings in Denmark and Sweden, Allahu Akbar Shouting Muslims Seize Control of Streets, Burn Flags, Declare Supremacy
- Quran Burning Update: United States, France, and Germany Call on Nationals in Turkey to be ‘Vigilant’ and Keep a ‘Low Profile’
- Politician’s Quran Burning Tour Rages On: I Will Burn This ‘Stupid Book’ as Long as Erdogan Blocks Sweden’s NATO Membership (Watch)
- Islamic Scheme: Muslim Leaders Capitalize on Quran Burning in Sweden, Pressures West to Adopt Blasphemy Laws
- President of Turkic World Youth Council: ‘If I Catch this Rascal who Burned the Quran, I will Burn Him Alive’ (Video)
- Muslims Erupts After Qur’an Burning: Turkey Rejects Sweden’s NATO Membership Unless It Submits to Islamic Blasphemy Laws
- Exclusive Interview: Politician Rasmus Paludan On Why He Burns Qur’ans and Sweden Went Up in Flames (Watch)
- Danish Politician Rasmus Paludan Fights Back: Sues Sweden Over His Unconstitutional Ban (Watch)
- WATCH: Danish Politician Rasmus Paludan put on Al-Qaeda Hit List (Exclusive Interview)
- Head Of Danish Political Party Rasmus Paludan Savagely Attacked By Muslims Yet Arrested For ‘Racism’ (Exclusive Interview)
- Sharia Denmark: Head of Political Party Rasmus Paludan Heads to Prison for Crime of ‘Racism’ (Watch)
- Quran Riots in Sweden: Islamic Migrants Violently Seize Control As Police Retreat (UPDATE: 3 Rioters Shot)
- Prime Minister of Pakistan: ‘The Day Will Come when Westerners Think Twice before Disrespecting the Prophet’
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Amy Mek
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://rairfoundation.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.