Shocking reports and images have recently emerged that show as many as 15,000 Haitian migrants are currently congregating in a makeshift camp along the southern U.S. border.
The situation has led the Biden administration to drop its normally warm and welcoming stance on illegal immigration, with senior officials announcing recently that the migrants need to go and, in addition, will be removed.
Breitbart reported that U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Chief Raul Ortiz made clear during a weekend press conference that his agency will be taking swift action to disband the camp.
“They will be removed”
“They will be removed, and they will be sent back to their country of origin as mandated under our current law,” Ortiz told reporters.
Ortiz added: “We’re working around the clock to expeditiously move migrants out of the heat elements and promoted eaters bridge to our processing facilities in order to quickly process and remove individuals from the United States — consistent with our laws and our policies.”
He also reported that some 3,300 migrants had already been removed and that thousands more are expected to be transported to migrant holding facilities in the coming days.
In addition, Ortiz went on to explain that some 600 additional CBP personnel were being rushed to the area and will assist with ongoing processing efforts.
According to Breitbart, the migrants are massed under the U.S. side of the Del Rio International Bridge which spans the Rio Grande River.
Fox News has heavily covered the evolving situation near Del Rio, Texas, and reported on Thursday that the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) had prohibited the media outlet from flying a drone over the area where the migrants are camping under the bridge, citing “safety concerns.”
“What a coincidence,” the Republican senator declared. “The FAA better be ready to explain to Congress why they’re suddenly blocking the media from covering Biden’s border crisis.”
Fox News also revealed that CBP logged some 208,887 migrant encounters last month, up from just 50,014 in August 2020.
The post 15,000 Haitian migrants camping under bridge will be removed, CBP chief says first appeared on Conservative Institute.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Adam Peters
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://conservativeinstitute.org and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.