Federal judge hands down ruling that will open the door to a brand new flood of illegal immigrants into America

WASHINGTON – According to reports, on Thursday, September 16th, a federal judge ruled that the U.S. government must stop using a public health law to deny families entry into the United States illegally. 

U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan gave the government 14 days to appeal before the order is implemented. Sullivan granted a preliminary injunction in response to a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and others on behalf of migrant families, stating they were likely to succeed in their challenge to the use of public health law known as Title 42.

Title 42 was instituted in March 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The law allows for expedited removal of most illegal immigrants, including families. 

The immediate effect of Sullivan’s ruling will be dire. Families that show up at the border will not be turned away. Instead, they will be processed and released as they await their court hearing, which can be up to five years away.

The Wall Street Journal reported that the ACLU filed the suit in January. The suit had been on hold for months in the spring and into the summer, as the ACLU and other immigrant-rights organizations negotiated with the government to ease the border restrictions. 

During that time, nongovernmental organizations including the ACLU identified thousands of families who were considered to be particularly vulnerable to be allowed to cross into the U.S. at still-closed border crossings. That exemption process formally ended in August.

The government does not have the facilities to house and care for the tens of thousands of families who will not make a mad dash for the border.

In a statement, the ACLU said the policy was unnecessary to control COVID-19 in the U.S. and that the U.S. can safely allow migrants to seek protection. Omar Jadwat, director of the ACLU’s Immigrants’ Rights Project, said in a statement:

“President Biden should have ended this cruel and lawless policy long ago and the court was correct to reject it today.”

They made the argument that the families would suffer “irreparable harm” if Title 42 were allowed to continue. In August, a top DHS official told Judge Sullivan that the department was unable to process all families arriving at the southern border safely, pointing to the emergent delta variant of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 as a particular cause for concern.

Judge Sullivan was unpersuaded by the government’s logistical arguments as he was by its ready of the law, pointing to DHS’ previous acknowledgment that 86% of families arriving at the southern border are already being paroled into the U.S. 

The top DHS official added that meanwhile, those who are pushed out under Title 42 are put in settings where the virus is likely to be transmitted, including crowded buses and planes, without testing. 

In his ruling, the judge said that the use of Title 42 in this case is “likely unlawful” and also “unnecessary in the view of the wide availability of testing, vaccines, and other minimization measures” to address the potential spread of COVID-19.

According to the most recent statistics from Customs and Border Protection, in August, the U.S. invoked Title 42 to expel 16,240 people traveling in family groups who were encountered along the southwest border.

The total number of illegal immigrants encountered along the U.S.-Mexico border in August was nearly 209,000, which was down two percent from the previous month, but still exceeded recent periods of higher activity in 2019 and 2014, and was at levels not seen since 2000.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Fighting back and protecting America: Texas to award border wall contract in the coming days

September 13th, 2021

AUSTIN, TX- According to officials, Texas may award a massive contract to begin building a barrier that will stretch along more than 700 miles of the state’s southern border with Mexico within days of this writing.

The Washington Examiner reported that in a statement, the Texas Facilities Commission, which oversees state contracts, anticipates awarding the border wall project with more than $1 billion in available funds by mid-September.

The commissioners must vote on the decision before the contract for a program manager can be awarded. The commission has reportedly selected engineering firm Michael Baker International of Pennsylvania and design firm Huitt-Zollars of Dallas to team up on the project. 

The final monetary amount has not yet been determined as the program manager will handle the budget and determine where exactly to build. Over the last several months, four total companies have expressed interest in the contract.

Michael Baker International of Pennsylvania and design firm Huitt-Zollars of Dallas have both helped with hundreds of miles of completed border wall projects under previous presidential administrations. 

This is, however, the first time a state has opted to install a barrier at an international border, as it is typically considered the federal government’s responsibility. 

Rep. Greg Bonnen (R), who represents a Houston suburb, introduced a bill that passed the state Legislature in August that will be used to fund Governor Greg Abbott’s proposals to deter illegal immigration at the southern border in Texas.

More than half of the $1.8 billion bill goes toward the border wall and fencing.

An analysis of the existing border wall projects revealed that just 150 miles of the 1,250 miles of land Texas shares with Mexico have a substantive barrier, leaving the state responsible for roughly 1,100 miles of fencing. 

According to reports, the state has identified 733 miles of border-front land where it can build. The Texas National Guard will carry out the project. All of the land belongs to residents who have agreed to let the state put up the barrier, which will allow Texas to avoid the lawsuits that held up the Trump administration’s efforts to seize private land for construction.

Builders are installing “no trespassing” signs in English and Spanish on the new fences. This notice will give state and law enforcement the ability to arrest illegal immigrants found trespassing. While the Border Patrol arrest illegal immigrants on federal charges, state and local forces cannot arrest someone on an immigration charge.

Those arrested will be held in county and state jails, for which lawmakers provided $273 million to cover the costs. The state is reportedly using the Texas Department of Criminal Justice’s Briscoe Unit prison as a jail. The infusing of cash will allow it to expand jail space to two more state jails.

At present, one engineer battalion is handling the construction of a temporary, 8-foot-tall barbed wire fence. The bill also includes $301 million for an additional 1,800 National Guard soldiers, including 11 more battalions to install fencing that will eventually be replaced by a more solid barrier.

The governor is also crowdfunding donations and as of September 7th, has raised a total of $54,263,593.00. On the website, Governor Abbott stated:

“While securing the border is the federal government’s responsibility, Texas will not sit idly by as the crisis grows. Texas is responding with the most robust and comprehensive border plan the nation has ever seen.”

According to the website:

“Open-border policies have led to a humanitarian crisis at our southern border as record levels of illegal immigrants, drugs, and contraband pour into Texas. The State of Texas is working collaboratively with communities impacted by the border crisis to arrest and detain individuals coming into Texas illegally.”

Adding:

“Our efforts will only be effective if we work together to secure the border, make criminal arrests, protect landowners, rid our communities of dangerous drugs, and provide Texans with the support they need and deserve.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Not messing around: Texas border sheriff locks up 17 illegal immigrants caught sneaking into America

August 12th, 2021

KINNEY COUNTY, TX– The influx of migrants into the United States has gotten out of control since the Biden administration took over earlier this year.

Many criticized the Trump administration for their tough stance on immigration, however with former President Trump no longer in office, illegal aliens are now flooding the borders at record numbers. 

Texas is being overrun by migrants, and Governor Greg Abbott has declared a local emergency, which allows for the migrants to be arrested by state police. The Kinney County Sheriff’s Office posted images of 17 migrants booked in jail after illegally crossing the border from Mexico, according to reports

Officials posted a video on Facebook, saying: 

“This is happening! 17 illegals this morning at the Kinney County Sheriff’s Office,”

The post went on to read:

“Judge Narci Villarreal magistrated each illegal alien. Thank you DPS for all your help.”

The sheriff also posted a group of photos showing the 17 migrants in their county jail uniforms.

Governor Abbott tweeted the Facebook post as an example of his “Catch and Jail” policy for illegal immigrants who are breaking Texas laws after illegally crossing the border, Breitbart reported.

Governor Greg Abbott pledged to arrest migrants who violate Texas laws and put them in jail, Breitbart Texas reported in an exclusive interview in June.

In a message directed towards migrants who are thinking of crossing the border into Texas, Abbott said:

“If you come to Texas, you’re subject to being arrested,”

He continued:

“You’re not going to have a pathway to roam the country. You’re going to have a pathway directly into a jail cell.”

Abbott went on to say:

“We want to be very aggressive in working with local officials and begin making mass arrests,” 

He added:

“In working in collaboration with a large number of counties — that means we’re going to be arresting a lot more people.”

In March, Abbott announced a newly launched plan to curtail and combat issues related to the smuggling of humans and narcotics through the southern border, which includes deploying the states National Guard and State Troopers to key areas. 

Here is that complete story. 

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

AUSTIN, TX – Texas Governor Greg Abbott recently announced a newly launched plan to curtail and combat issues related to the smuggling of humans and narcotics through the southern border, which includes deploying the states National Guard and State Troopers to key areas. 

On March 6th, Governor Abbott announced what has been dubbed as “Operation Lone Star” – which the operation’s main focus is, “to combat the smuggling of people and drugs into Texas.”

In a statement provided by Governor Abbott regarding the operation, the following was noted: 

“The crisis at our southern border continues to escalate because of Biden Administration policies that refuse to secure the border and invite illegal immigration.”

“Texas supports legal immigration but will not be an accomplice to the open border policies that cause, rather than prevent, a humanitarian crisis in our state and endanger the lives of Texans.

We will surge the resources and law enforcement personnel needed to confront this crisis.”

The effort will include the deployment of the state’s National Guard and DPS officers in concurrence with, “air, ground, marine, & tactical border security assets to deny Mexican cartels & smugglers the ability to move drugs & people into Texas,” as mentioned in a follow-up tweet by the governor. 

Just days before this announcement from the governor was made, even Democrat Congressman Henry Cuellar admitted that there was something that needed to be done about what was impending at the southern border: 

“We are weeks, maybe even days, away from a crisis on the southern border. Inaction is simply not an option. Our country is currently unprepared to handle a surge in migrants in the middle of the pandemic.”

The Texas Democrat made said statement after it was revealed that Rio Grande Valley Sector Border Patrol agents had managed to apprehend approximately 10,000 migrants in a seven-day period between late-February and early March. 

Congressman Cuellar explained that with illegal border crossings going along in concurrence with the ongoing pandemic is, “potentially exposing border communities to the coronavirus and putting us at risk.

Right now, none of the migrants are being tested for COVID-19 by Border Patrol.”

As it would turn out, Congressman Cuellar’s concerns aren’t mere hyperbole, as we at Law Enforcement Today recently reported on illegal immigrants entering and travelling throughout country despite being positive for the coronavirus. 

Here’s that previous report from earlier in March. 

_

BROWNSVILLE, TX – As if the situation relating to the southern border weren’t complex enough already, there are new reports of border crossers being released into the country’s interior while testing positive for COVID

As many know already, President Biden has reinstated the practice of “Catch and Release” with respect to border crossers being released into the country’s interior while they’re awaiting their respective immigration and asylum hearings. 

But compounding the matter is reports that some of these border crossers are actually testing positive for the coronavirus, and still are moving freely throughout the U.S. to reach their desired destinations. 

Surprisingly, it was NBC News that shared the report of these instances, in which the report noted the following

“Miriam Izaguirre, a 35-year-old asylum-seeker from Honduras, crossed the Rio Grande at dawn Monday with her young son and turned herself in to the authorities.”

“A few hours later she was released, and the first thing she did was take a rapid test for Covid-19 at the Brownsville bus station. They told her her test came out positive.”

In that same report, Izaguirre had even told reporters from Noticias Telemundo Investiga that despite her positive test, she intended to travel by bus to make her way to Houston. 

Another border crosser mentioned in the NBC report stated that she intended to take a bus from Texas to North Carolina after having just tested positive for COVID:

“Eva Orellana, 29, who is from Honduras and who tested positive, said she was going to take the bus to North Carolina with her 3-year-old daughter.”

The distance between Brownsville, Texas to North Carolina is roughly 1,500 miles – and the CDC notes that travel by trains or buses, “for any length of time,” can, “increase your risk of getting COVID-19.” 

City officials in Brownsville have been testing border crossers since January 25th of this year, noting that roughly 110 border crossers have since tested positive for the virus. 

Despite all this ongoing, President Biden recently reiterated on March 2nd that there’s no crisis at the southern border currently happening. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas also shared similar sentiments one day prior to President Biden. 

Instead, DHS Secretary Mayorkas called the issues impacting the southern border a “challenge”:

“I think there is a challenge at the border that we are managing, and we have our resources dedicated to managing it.”

Back in early February, Republican officials were pressing President Biden to cease from his handling of immigration endeavors that were seeing, “unvetted and likely unvaccinated illegal aliens to enter our nation,” according to a letter signed by numerous GOP senators

The letter conitnued from there, pointing out the hypocrisy of businesses being forced to close while the southern border seemingly remains open: 

“As we write this letter, main streets across America are shuttered, millions of parents can’t go to work, and children are kept from school. In a nation where everything seems closed, our border is now open.”

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
 
Facebook Follow First

The post Federal judge hands down ruling that will open the door to a brand new flood of illegal immigrants into America appeared first on Law Enforcement Today.

Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Jenna Curren


This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
TeaPartyGear.com

A better search engine: DuckDuckGo.com.
Visit our Discussion Forum at Libertati.com.

Follow us: