Blinken admits ‘about 100 Americans’ remain stranded in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan

President Joe Biden and his top officials, including Secretary of State Antony Blinken, have been relentlessly ridiculed — and rightfully so — over the fact that stranded Americans still remain in Afghanistan with no immediate options of being able to escape.

According to Breitbart, as Blinken sat through multiple days of congressional hearings on the failed Afghanistan troop pullout, he admitted on Monday that there remains “about 100 Americans in Afghanistan.” 

In other words, some 100 Americans — let alone the Afghan allies we promised to help escape — remain essentially as hostages in the Taliban-controlled country.

Blinken in the hot seat

The secretary of state took a number of tough questions, mostly from Republican members of Congress as Democrats seem to be shifting the blame for the foreign policy debacle on former President Donald Trump.

However, it was Rep. Gregory Meeks, a New York Democrat, who asked Blinken: “Can you tell us how many of them remain in country and what is our plan to facilitate their evacuation.”

“As of the end of last week, we had about 100 American citizens in Afghanistan who had told us they wish to leave the country,” Blinken said in response. “I want to emphasize that this is a snapshot in time.”

The low number seems to continue to contradict other reports, Breitbart noted, that indicate many more Americans could be stranded, with some suggesting that the number could range anywhere from 100 to upward of 5000.

Biden’s secretary of state then seemed to fully admit that he, nor anyone else in the administration, has any idea how many are left when he said, “at any given moment in time exactly how many American citizens or in any country, ah, is something we can’t and don’t know.”

State Department in trouble

According to Fox News, Biden’s State Department is also taking fire for allegedly getting in the way of privately-funded evacuation flights from leaving the tarmac at Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul.

Eric Montalvo, who is one of many helping to organize private evacuation flights out of Kabul, revealed to Fox News an email he received from the State Department that clearly shows the government institution is doing nothing other than getting in the way of ongoing evacuation efforts.

“No independent charters are allowed to land at [Al Udeid Air Base], the military airbase you mentioned in your communication with Samantha Power. In fact, no charters are allowed to land at an [sic] DoD base and most if not all countries in the Middle Eastern region, with the exception of perhaps Saudi Arabia will allow charters to land,” a State Department official wrote.

Politics aside, many Americans have no doubt in their mind that if Donald Trump was still in the White House, there wouldn’t be a single American left behind in a country now run by barbaric, anti-American terrorists.

The post Blinken admits ‘about 100 Americans’ remain stranded in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan first appeared on Patriot News Alerts.

Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Ryan Ledendecker


This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://www.patriotnewsalerts.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
TeaPartyGear.com

A better search engine: DuckDuckGo.com.
Visit our Discussion Forum at Libertati.com.

Follow us: