Hello, I’m Michael Watson and this is the InfluenceWatch Podcast. “Big Tech”—the major social media and online communications companies like Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and Google—FAANG, for short. Especially since Facebook and Twitter banned the then-still-sitting President Donald Trump from their services after the riot at the U.S. Capitol in January, conservatives have expressed increasing alarm at the power of Big Tech to remove voices not in alignment with Current Year liberalism from the internet. Joining me to discuss the history of Big Tech censorship and the prospects for reform is James Bowers, managing director of Challenge Censorship.
- Addressing Big Tech Censorship: The Censorship Timeline
- Addressing Big Tech Censorship: Purging Parler
- Addressing Big Tech Censorship: Big Tech’s Friends in Washington
- Challenge Censorship: The Social Media Censorship Timeline
- Capital Research Center: Big Tech, Big Trouble
- Wired: The strange story of Section 230, the obscure law that created our flawed, broken internet
- Capital Research Center: Be Careful of Rush for Tech Regulation
- Reason: Why Did YouTube Remove This Reason Video?
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Michael Watson
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://capitalresearch.org and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.