California police killer was out on parole for violent crimes and weapons charges when he murdered the officer

STOCKTON, CA – The man charged with fatally shooting Stockton police officer Jimmy Inn as he responded to a domestic violence call last Tuesday had previously been arrested in Los Angeles on firearms charges and was on parole for armed theft of a car at the time of the shooting.

Stockton’s police chief called Tuesday’s incident a blatant and sudden attack that started with a domestic violence call. Officer Inn was the first on scene along La Cresta Way.

Officer Inn responded to a reported domestic incident and knocked on the door of 30-year-old Lance Lowe. Lowe opened the door and shot Officer Inn multiple times. Lowe then exchanged gunfire with another officer, Pancho Freer, before retreating back into the home.

Cellphone video captured the moment Lowe walked back out of the house using his 8-year-old son as a shield, holding him by the neck and strangling the boy.

The boy could be seen kicking and struggling until an unidentified bystander rushed to the boy’s aid, tackling the suspect.

Lowe was then shot by Officer Freer.

Medics transported Lowe and Officer Inn to a local hospital, where both men died.

The child was treated at a local hospital and is expected to recover.

Court records show that Lowe had previously been arrested and was on parole at the time of the shooting.

He was arrested on February 5, 2017, in Los Angeles for grand theft auto with a firearm, conspiring to commit a crime, child endangerment, possession of an assault weapon, and carrying a loaded firearm in a car or public place.


All the charges except the grand theft charge were eventually dismissed, according to the Los Angeles Times.

In 2018, Lowe was sentenced to five years in prison but was released early on April 2020 on supervised parole, according to California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation spokeswoman Dana Simas. She explained that Lowe was awarded credit for more than a year of time served prior to his sentencing:

“He was released to parole supervision in April 2020 after serving his full sentence as defined by law.”

Police Chief Eric Jones called the death of Officer Inn a “violent, blatant, and very sudden assault”:

“Officer Jimmy Inn was responding to a domestic violence report, to assist a domestic violence victim, and he died protecting those who cannot protect themselves. He gave the ultimate sacrifice, knowing this was a dangerous job.

“(Inn was the) epitome of what a Stockton police officer should be.”

Officer Inn was a five-year veteran of the Stockton Police Department. He leaves behind his wife, Tela, a fellow Stockton police officer; a 7-month-old son; a 12-year-old stepdaughter, and a 14-year-old stepson.

Officer Inn’s father, Lee Inn, spoke about his son during a Buddhist Blessings Ceremony on Wednesday evening:

“He was so young, he had so much ahead of him. It is tragic to see life taken away so young, especially with (Jimmy’s) small child. It really hit me hard.

“He loved what he did.”

Officer Inn’s death was the second officer killed in California within 24 hours, and the ninth officer to die this year. An officer was killed and another wounded in San Luis Obispo on Monday while serving a search warrant before officers shot and killed the gunman.

The latest officer deaths occurred during National Police Week, tragically highlighting the dangers police face every day.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Metro officer shot, nearly murdered in ambush at home: ‘This was a ruse to get police to the house’

May 6, 2021


NASHVILLE, TN – A Metro Nashville police officer was shot in an ambush while responding to a “set up” call falsely reporting an active shooter at a home in South Nashville.

The shooting was reported just after 6 p.m. in the 7200 block of Sugarloaf Drive, located off of Nolensville Pike.

According to MNPD Public Information Officer Don Aaron, police were called to the residence for a report from a man claiming his brother had shot his mother and that the gunfire was continuing:

“On the 911 call you can hear him saying that he’s scared the shots are continuing to be fired hurry, hurry please get here in a hurry. It’s very concerning what our officers are being confronted with over the past few weeks is very concerning.”

Three officers knocked on the door to the residence. The door opened, and when officers began to make entry into the home, the caller opened fire, striking Officer Brian Sherman in the left arm.

Officers retreated from the home and 22-year-old Salman Mohamed followed them outside into the driveway armed with a rifle. Officers began to negotiate with the man, but he shot himself in the head. He died shortly after of his wounds.

Aaron said the South Precinct officers were not equipped with body cameras. The swat team was equipped with cameras, but the suspect was dead by the time they arrived.

Aaron stressed that no officers fired their weapons during the incident.

Officer Sherman was transported by medics to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where he was treated for his injuries and released late Tuesday night.

Aaron said Mohamed’s mother and three siblings were in the home, but no one was injured nor were any other shots fired, as he initially reported:

“Again, no one else in the home was hit. This was a ruse or a setup to get the police to come to the house, and as soon as the officers knocked on the door, the door was opened, and they came under fire by Mohammed.”

No motive has been released by authorities, but Aaron said Mohamed appeared intent on luring the officers to the home:

“We believe the person who made the 911 call was Mohamed himself. In fact, on the 911 call, you can hear him saying that he’s scared that shots are continuing to be fired. ‘Hurry, hurry, please get here in a hurry.’ It was all a ruse to get the police officers to this scene.

“Mohammed’s motives for this have not been determined. Obviously, we’ll be talking to his family throughout the evening to try to resolve why he did this. Again, no one else in the home was hit. This was a ruse or a setup to get the police to come to the house, and as soon as the officers knocked on the door, the door was opened, and they came under fire by Mohamed.”

Authorities stated that Mohamed had no previous arrest record, and they were looking to see if he had any prior police contacts.



Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First

The post California police killer was out on parole for violent crimes and weapons charges when he murdered the officer appeared first on Law Enforcement Today.

Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Scott A. Davis

This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
A better search engine:
Visit our Discussion Forum at

Follow us:
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By :