Caught on camera: Unprovoked man rams car into patrol vehicle, traps officer inside, opens fire on cop

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK– On Tuesday, May 3rd, officials released body-camera footage showing the horrifying moment when a man repeatedly rammed a police officer’s vehicle and then tried to shoot the officer while he was trapped inside the vehicle.

According to reports, the incident occurred around 2:30 a.m. on May 1st as Oklahoma City Police Officer Samuel was driving through south on Martin Luther King Boulevard on his way to a disturbance call. 

Video from traffic cameras show another vehicle with the driver since identified as 37-year-old Quinton Pace, slamming his car into Officer Flower’s vehicle multiple times. Flowers can be heard telling dispatch:

“I gotta guy that just tried to run into my car. He’s coming up behind me now. He’s coming back at me again now. Yeah, he just hit my car. He’s taking off northbound again. Looks like he’s going to whip around again.”

Authorities said that both vehicles were disabled at Northeast 52nd Street when Pace crashed into the officer again. 

After the collision, Flowers was trapped inside his vehicle. Flowers told the dispatcher:

“I’m hit. I’m trapped in the vehicle.”

Pace reportedly got out of his vehicle with a gun and began firing at Flowers while he was still trapped inside his vehicle.

Authorities said that Flowers returned fire through his patrol car’s windshield and driver’s side window, striking Pace and stopping his violent actions. Oklahoma City Police Captain Dan Steward said:

“Officer Flowers fired his rifle through the patrol car’s windshield and driver’s side window, striking Mr. Pace and stopping his actions.”

Another officer who responded to the scene was able to successfully place Pace in custody. Both the officer and gunman were transported to the hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries. 

Flowers was not shot, but had sustained injuries during the wreck. He said in the body-cam video:

“I got some minor cuts, but I think I’m okay.”

Pace was arrested and charged with one count of shooting with the intent to kill and use of a firearm while committing a felony. He was booked into the Oklahoma County Detention Center. 

This is an active investigation and at the time of this writing, authorities have no idea what motivated Pace to attack Officer Flowers. Flowers has been working for the Oklahoma City Police Department for two and a half years.

In a separate incident that took place in Denver, Colorado, a suspect in the recent shooting of a Denver police officer has been taken into custody. During an advisement hearing on Monday, May 10th, the suspect, 40-year-old Pedro Juan Gallegos had his bond set $100,000, cash only. 

Gallegos is facing charges of attempted murder, possession of a weapon by a previous offender, and criminal trespassing. The officer, whose name has not been released, was shot in the leg after responding to a home near Alcott Street and W. 42nd Avenue.

Officers were responding to the home about a report of a person on a porch who was not supposed to be there. The officer was taken to Denver Health Medical Center in critical condition. On the afternoon of May 9th, the officer was out of surgery and in stable condition.

Gallegos’ attorney argued that Gallegos’ past arrests did not involve “violent” incidents and that he had a job lined up and a place to stay with family. Gallegos added that he would “comply with everything” if given a chance to post bond. 

However, Judge Tanya Wheeler was firm in her conviction and called the allegations “incredibly aggravated circumstances” and moved forward with opting for the bond amount requested by the prosecutors. 

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Officer critically injured after responding to fight call by himself: ‘Found unconscious with significant injuries’

April 27th, 2021

DELMAR, DE – According to reports, a Delmar Police officer was critically injured after responding to a fight in progress alone during the morning of April 25th.

While details are limited regarding the specifics of this incident the officer responded to, officials note that the officer was admitted to a “Shock Trauma,” unit having suffered “significant injuries.”

The Delaware State Police shared a press release regarding the April 25th incident where Corporal Keith Heacock of the Delmar Police Department wound up being seriously injured after responding to a “fight in progress” call.

DPD Corporal Heacock was reportedly dispatched at approximately 5:12 a.m. to a residence located within the 11000 block of Buckingham drive within the Yorkshire Estates community.

The Delaware State Police press release noted that “it is unclear what transpired inside the residence, but we do know the officer was involved in a physical altercation.”

After Corporal Heacock arrived at the home, dispatchers were attempting to check on the officer and were receiving no response, which resulted in additional officers being sent to the scene along with a Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office Deputy and a Delaware State Trooper.

The additional units that arrived on scene located Corporal Heacock and found him to be unconscious inside of the residence.

Immediate aid was rendered to the injured officer, and EMS reportedly transported him to an area hospital in Salisbury where the officer was eventually transported to “Shock Trauma in Baltimore with significant injuries.”

Authorities say that there was also a “separate, but related assault,” that occurred across the street from the original incident involving “an elderly couple.”

Officials say that the victims in that separate assault had sustained significant injury and were also sent to area hospitals, with one also being later transported to Shock Trauma.

Numerous suspects that were reportedly inside of the home where the original incident occurred were said to have been taken into custody.

Chief Ivan Barkley of Delmar Police Department shared the following statement regarding Corporal Heacock:

“Corporal Keith Heacook is a 22 year veteran and has been employed with our department since 1998.

“He is a husband, son, brother, and father. Keith is fighting for his life right now and he needs your prayers along with the elderly couple who were also injured. Members from the Delmar Police appreciate the outpouring of community support as we continue to move forward.

“We appreciate the support from the Delaware State Police, Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office, Maryland State Police, and all other agencies who responded and are assisting with this investigation.”

Chief Barkley described Corporal Heacock’s sustained as being a traumatic head injury.

No further information has been shared by officials as of this writing. The Delaware State Police are currently leading the investigation into this incident.

Please follow Law Enforcement Today as we continue to gather further insight into this developing investigation.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Law Enforcement Today recently reported on an officer that was seriously injured after a Molotov cocktail was reportedly thrown at him when responding to a noise complaint. 

Here’s that previous report. 


STE. GENEVIEVE, MO – A 34-year-old man is facing charges in connection with a police officer that was seriously burned by lit Molotov cocktail that was thrown at him.

Officials say the suspect is being held in the Ste. Genevieve County Jail with no bond.

According to Ste. Genevieve Police Chief Eric Bennett, 36-year-old Officer Pete Unverferth had responded to the St. Jude subdivision at approximately 1:00 a.m. on April 16th, after a local had reportedly called 911 regarding a subject revving the engine of a motorcycle.

By the time Officer Unverferth had arrived in the area where the call was placed, the officer had made his way up to the driveway of a home when he was allegedly approached from behind by 34-year-old Tyson Paul Heise.

Officials say that the suspect was carrying a lit Molotov cocktail when approaching Officer Unverferth from the rear. The officer reportedly unholstered his Taser and commanded Heise to drop the Molotov cocktail.

Chief Bennett said that an altercation transpired thereafter between the officer and the suspect, which resulted in Officer Unverferth deploying his Taser and Heise allegedly throwing the Molotov cocktail at the officer.

Officer Unverferth was said to have been hit in the arm with the incendiary device allegedly hurled by the suspect, with Chief Bennett stating that the officer proceeded to “stop, drop and roll,” in order to put out the fire that spread across his body.

The officer was said to have suffered severe burns to his arms and legs as a result of the attack.

According to Chief Bennett, family members of the suspect came to the officer’s aid after the flames broke out. Heise’s sister, Erica, recounted the harrowing moments that when she helped Officer Unverferth:

“I panicked and I didn’t know what to do. I ran inside, got a pot of water and as I’m standing there filling it up, it felt like 10 minutes went by. So I just brought out what I had and that’s when he was under the water and I just threw it on him.”

The injured officer was reportedly airlifted to an area hospital for treatment, with officials saying that while Officer Unverferth’s injuries are not life-threatening, he will require surgery.

Investigators that were working the scene of the incident were said to have recovered a “busted and burned glass bottle,” with the neck of the bottle reportedly still intact and the remnants of a “charred” cloth were also present.

The suspect’s parents reportedly informed police that Heise had previously threatened their lives and described their son as being” homicidal and suicidal.”

Heise’s sister effectively referred to her brother as something akin to a proverbial ticking time bomb:

“We knew something bad was going to happen if he didn’t get help. We all seen it coming. Something or somebody was going to get hurt or something was going to happen.”

Keith, Heise’s stepfather, said that his stepson has “been failed by the system,” when remarking on several failed attempts to get Heise the needed mental health services:

“It’s a sad situation. We tried to get him help time and time again before something bad happened.”

Heise was reportedly charged with first-degree assault and armed criminal action in connection with the incident.

Officer Unverferth was described by Chief Bennett as a 13-year law enforcement veteran, while having spent the past nine years with the Ste. Genevieve Police Department and highlighting the officer’s time within the department’s DARE program:

“He’s a very likeable officer, he was our DARE officer for a while so he has really good rapport in the city. He’s been here for nine years and has always done a really good job for our department.”

It’s unclear when Officer Unverferth will be released from the hospital following his injury.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First

The post Caught on camera: Unprovoked man rams car into patrol vehicle, traps officer inside, opens fire on cop appeared first on Law Enforcement Today.

Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Jenna Curren

This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
A better search engine:
Visit our Discussion Forum at

Follow us:
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By :