You never want your region’s weather to lead the national news, but on April 13, South Louisiana’s did. The wind forecast for that day was 10- to 15-mph — bumpy, certainly, but not a deal-breaker for a few hours of chasing anything that would bite in our abundant marshes.
Every angler who’s been on the water more than handful of times has fished in worse.
But on that day, a feature meteorologists call a “wake low” barreled across the coast, bringing with it hurricane-force winds that, among other destruction, flipped a jack-up barge near Grand Isle, killing many of the workers stationed on it.
On that same day, before the storm had even formed, Capt. Lloyd Landry, Chris Macaluso and I motored from Falgout Canal Marina to the far western reaches of Terrebonne Parish to test our biceps against the redfish that live there.
Needless to say, the winds were far worse than the forecast, and we struggled mightily until we made a bait change that had the reds coming in two at a time, while we pulled our phones out our pockets every five minutes to keep tabs on the weather.
We made it back to the dock with 10 minutes to spare.
Like the video? Please give it a thumbs up, and subscribe to the Marsh Man Masson channel on YouTube. Also, leave a comment below or on the YouTube page.
Catch more fish and look cool doing it in an official Marsh Man Masson performance shirt. Use coupon code MARSHMAN10 to save 10%! https://etsy.me/3v9cybZ
Want to shoot your own fishing videos? Here’s some gear/resources you might find useful:
- Get your music from SoundStripe (enter code MARSHMAN10 for 10% off): https://bit.ly/3t9M7kJ
- GoPro: https://amzn.to/2HKs1di
- GoPro 8: https://amzn.to/2ZlIlsh
- GoPro chest mount: https://amzn.to/2OthF1O
- Refuel 9-hour GoPro battery: https://amzn.to/374nnQr
- Sony a6000: https://amzn.to/2UJ6eIW
- Apple MacBook Pro: https://amzn.to/2UlVVKC
- MirrOlure MirrOlip: https://bit.ly/2sMDJy4
- Strike King Rage Craw: https://bit.ly/2GgEp1K
- Zoom Ultra-Vibe Speed Craw: https://bit.ly/3ayvIhl
- Berkley Powerbait Chigger Craw: https://bit.ly/2GeTQYA
- Rage Tail Menace: https://bit.ly/2RJ8vQL
- H&H TKO Shrimp: https://bit.ly/33ad3p7
- Deathgrip Jigheads: https://bit.ly/2TPIguK
- Booyah Pad Crasher Jr.: https://bit.ly/2TOUKmk
- Pro’s Choice soft stickbait: https://bit.ly/2TP69CW
- Matrix Mullet: https://bit.ly/2RkhKYR
- Bill Lewis Echo 1.75: https://bit.ly/2WKKZV6
- Matrix Shad: https://bit.ly/2Gf7VoF
- H&H gold spinner: https://bit.ly/3hfmuc3
- Versamaxx Bolt: https://bit.ly/2upsn3o
- MirrOlure SheDog: https://bit.ly/2NQGypn
- Vudu Shrimp: https://bit.ly/2NR2q3F
- Zoom Z-Craw Jr.: https://bit.ly/3ayQxt4
- Rotomolded Bruin coolers: https://bit.ly/2tGYMTe
- Bubba Blade: https://bit.ly/3810TB6
- H&H telescopic push pole: https://bit.ly/2F3vLHd
To keep up with all we’re doing, follow us on social media:
- Facebook: Marsh Man Masson
- Instagram: todd_masson
- Snapchat: tmassonfish
- Twitter: @tmassonFISH
The post MARSH MAN MASSON: Bait Change Makes A world Of Difference! appeared first on The Hayride.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Todd Masson
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://thehayride.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.