The Justice Department is suing political strategist and former Trump advisor Roger Stone for nearly $2 million in “unpaid” taxes dating back more than ten years ago. Stone said the charges against him are “politically motivated” and that he “will prevail again.”
In a statement sent to National File, Stone said the DOJ lawsuit “is politically motivated harassment by prosecutors, fuel by fury and liberal hysteria over the fact that President Trump saw the clear corruption of my trial at the hands of Robert Mueller’s thugs, and had the strength and the courage to correct this injustice by issuing me a grant of clemency and a full and unconditional pardon.”
“Now, Robert Mueller, I am not a convicted felon,” Stone added, referring to an opinion piece written by Robert Mueller for the Washington Post in which the former special prosecutor asserted that Stone “remains a convicted felon, and rightly so.”
“Nor did you have any evidence against me as you were forced to admit by the court in the long hidden sections of your report,” continued Stone. “The civil suit filed against for 2007 and 2008 taxes – I was reliably paying down on a monthly basis, until the expense of the defense against their prosecution of me. The drop of my income from being gagged by the Judge, and being unable to write or speak, cost us our home, savings, my car, a 2012 Jaguar, most of our insurance, and were were essentially broke.”
“That my wife and I owe a significant amount in federal taxes has been a matter of public record for several years. This is not news. We had worked diligently with the IRS to pay down our debt until we were financially destroyed by the politically motivated and corrupt Mueller investigation,” Stone noted. “The claim that my wife and I are living a lavish lifestyle is a laughable joke, in view of the fact that we are virtually bankrupt. Yes, after we lost any regular monthly income, our meager savings, my home, car, most of our insurance, after making X of monthly $X payments to the IRS, we ran out of money to pay them. You can’t get blood out of Stone.”
Stone explained that the Justice Department had filed their civil suit at 6 p.m. ET on a Friday, with no notice to his tax attorneys, with whom they had been in regular contact with. “This demonstrates the political motivation of these highly contrived charges. If fact, negotiations to settle this debt went silent the day after the inauguration, when IRS lawyers abruptly cut off communications with my tax lawyer,” said Stone.
“Evidently, I am being held to a far different standard than Hunter Biden, who is in fact living a lavish lifestyle, and the status of whose federal tax investigation we have no report on whatsoever,” Stone said. “Hunter just moved into a $2.5 million mansion in the Hollywood Hills that rents for $25k a month.”
Stone then dove into the details of his financial troubles stemming from investigations, censorship, and “smear tactics.”
“I sold my car, but a friend died and left Mrs. Stone a 2006 Mazda with 120,000 miles on it. The transmission died last week, and the cost of replacing it is greater than the value of the car. I still have no regular income. The total censorship of all my words or books on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, has taken its toll in the sale of my books. The destruction by the FBI of all of my digital broadcast equipment back in 2019 has made getting my new podcast up a challenge, and the smear tactics used against me have soured two promising podcast/radio deals,” said Stone. “This civil suit is, however, a clear sign that the smear campaign of ‘guilt by association’ to tie me baselessly to the illegal events of January 6th, has failed.”
“In fact, any statement, claim, insinuation, or report alleging, or even implying, that I had any involvement in or knowledge of any unlawful acts by any person or group in or around the U.S. Capitol or anywhere in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, is categorically false,” Stone said.
The former Trump advisor said this is just yet another example “of the Democrats weaponizing the Justice Department in violation of the rule of law.”
“Having failed to destroy me in their fabricated Russian collusion investigation and having failed to find any evidence whatsoever that I had advance knowledge of, or was involved in any way in the attack on the Capitol on January 6, the DOJ is harassing me and even attacking my wife. These charges and the claim that my wife and I funneled money anywhere to live a lavish lifestyle, is preposterous and will be exposed at trial as patently ridiculous,” continued Stone.
“We have survived due the generous and strong support by many great patriots who contributed to my Stone Legal Defense Fund or the Stone Family Support Fund,” said Stone. “Thanks to the DOJ, my wife and I are virtually indigent and on the brink of bankruptcy, having spent everything we had for my legal defense in the Russian collusion hoax. The Department of Justice is fully aware of this. We have no assets to hide. Their more ominous claims that we hid assets, or are living large, will be disproved in court. I will require a very good tax attorney to go to trial. I will fight these politically motivated charges and I will prevail again,” Stone said. “Roger Stone still did nothing wrong!”
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Andrew White
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://nationalfile.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.