Nate Cohn has an interesting new article on the rise of “sectarianism” in America. It is the Republicans who are radicalizing. “Democracy” is at risk of dying at the hands of populist authoritarians!
“American democracy faces many challenges: New limits on voting rights. The corrosive effect of misinformation. The rise of domestic terrorism. Foreign interference in elections. Efforts to subvert the peaceful transition of power. And making matters worse on all of these issues is a fundamental truth: The two political parties see the other as an enemy.
It’s an outlook that makes compromise impossible and encourages elected officials to violate norms in pursuit of an agenda or an electoral victory. It turns debates over changing voting laws into existential showdowns. And it undermines the willingness of the loser to accept defeat — an essential requirement of a democracy.
This threat to democracy has a name: sectarianism. It’s not a term usually used in discussions about American politics. It’s better known in the context of religious sectarianism — like the hostility between Sunnis and Shia in Iraq. Yet a growing number of eminent political scientists contend that political sectarianism is on the rise in America. …”
There are a lot of things missing in this article:
- Hillary Clinton and Democrats never accepted the legitimacy of the 2016 election and famously scapegoated Russia over it
- The corporate media was obsessed with the Russia hoax for years
- The intelligence agencies were weaponized against Trump’s inner circle
- The Democrats impeached Donald Trump twice while in office
- The Democrats used the filibuster and lawsuits from state AGs to obstruct the Trump presidency. Now, they say the filibuster is a racist relic of the Jim Crow era and want to get rid of it
- The intelligence agencies and the corporate media spent years undermining the Trump presidency with fake news and misinformation
- Antifa rioted at Donald Trump’s inauguration and the street violence that began during the Trump campaign at rallies has gone on for five straight years
- “Journalists” use their mass media platforms to dox private citizens and made a sport of hunting them down and get them fired from their jobs
- Black Lives Matter and Antifa rioted for six months all over country last year and were lavishly praised and rewarded for it
- The elite cabal confessed in Time to Molly Ball to conspiring against Trump and organizing the riots which went on last summer
- Progressives explicitly embraced political violence in 2017 after the “Punch a Nazi” meme went viral and celebrated and toasted the most violent elements of the Far Left
- These people banned Donald Trump and millions of his supporters from the internet and cut them off from payment processors and had Google steal their websites and they complain about “authoritarianism” because Trump said mean things about them on Twitter
- Progressives boast about how immigration is changing racial and cultural demographics in states like California and Virginia and Georgia and how it is working to their advantage and scream “racism” when you notice what they are saying on their own websites
- The Democrats have embraced the systematic racism conspiracy theory which defines all White people as racist oppressors of People of Color who benefit from unearned white privilege which is BY FAR more racist than anything we were ever saying
- The Democrats are explicitly trying to push the square peg of whatever is going on in the news cycle into the round hole of their “white supremacy” narrative
- The Democrats have finally come out of the closet as anti-White
The “fascist” and “authoritarian” Donald Trump never played hardball like this.
Now, it is undoubtedly true that “unity” and “bipartisanship” is difficult to find these days after all of this happened. It is true that there has been a sweeping change in public opinion. The tactics that were used to put Joe Biden and the Democrats in power – violence, censorship, doxxing – came with a high price.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Hunter Wallace
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, http://www.occidentaldissent.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.