67-Year-Old Murderer Charged With Another Murder Weeks After Parole Conditions Lifted

A convicted California murderer has been arrested on charges of stabbing a woman to death, just weeks after being released for the murder of another woman decades earlier.

The story: At around 5.30 a.m. on Mar. 23, police found the body of an unidentified African-American woman with stab wounds in an alley in Los Angeles.

Last week, authorities arrested 67-year-old Eddie Allen Harris in relation to the murder, according to a case filed by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office on April 12, FOX 11 reported.

He is currently being held on a $2 million bond.

Police sources told FOX 11 that Harris’ arrest came weeks after he completed his parole after previously spending decades in prison over the 1981 murder of another woman in Los Angeles County.

In that case, Harris reportedly raped the woman before stabbing her to death.

In 1982, Harris was convicted to 15 years to life and spend more than three decades in prison before being released on parole in 2018.

Earlier this year, officials lifted Harris’ parole, and less than a month later, he was arrested again for the March 23 stabbing murder.

This comes amid increasing pushback against Los Angeles County progressive District Attorney George Gascon, who has issued a series of criminal reform policies that include eliminating cash bail and sentencing enhancements in certain cases involving violent crimes and result in violent criminals being eligible for early release.

So far at least three California cities have approved votes of no confidence in Gascon due to his policies, including Santa Clarita, Beverly Hills, and Pico Rivera.

Meanwhile, the families of crime victims have launched a recall effort against Gascon, which has been signed by L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva.

“There’s just too many awful examples of people who commit horrible, egregious crimes in later years,” said Larry Morse, Legislative Director for the California District Attorneys Association, in response to Harris’ second arrest. “It’s an appalling story.”

Morse said the crimes could continue to rise due to changes to state criminal laws that reduce the eligibility for parole for elderly people to age 50, nearly 20 years younger than Harris, according to FOX 11.

“A lot of criminals are still very active and very capable of inflicting unimaginable pain and suffering on people after 50 years of age,” Morse said. “There is a headlong rush in Sacramento to pass any and everything that can be characterized as criminal justice reform. The fact of the matter is a great deal of what is coming out of Sacramento these days is not reform, it’s reckless.

NEWS UNSPUN:  If you’ve stopped trusting the mainstream media … welcome to LaCorte News. Join us to fight back against dishonest news coverage and social media censorship!

The post 67-Year-Old Murderer Charged With Another Murder Weeks After Parole Conditions Lifted appeared first on LaCorte News.

Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Damjan Tutarkov


This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://www.lacortenews.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

USSANews.com
A better search engine: DuckDuckGo.com.
Visit our Discussion Forum at Libertati.com.

Follow us: