Don’t let Leftist social media shut us out! Sign up for Daily Surge’s daily email blast… it’ll keep you updated on each day’s Daily Surge new columns. Go to dailysurge.com and sign up under “Free Newsletter” on the right side of the page, one-third of the way down. It’s easy! And like it says, it’s free!
Surge Summary: Democrats’/President Biden’s emergency COVID relief bill approaches $2 trillion dollars in spending, some of it slated to help struggling small business, families and unemployed workers hurt by the pandemic. But millions and billions of the dollars allotted in this effort are simply indefensible.
by Gary Bauer
President Biden’s COVID relief bill – a massive $1.9 trillion emergency spending bill – is expected to come up for a vote in the House of Representatives this week. It’s not difficult to justify additional resources to help struggling small businesses, families, and unemployed workers.
But there is a lot in the bill that is impossible to defend. For example:
- Why are Democrats attempting to stuff a massive minimum wage hike into this “emergency” bill? While some workers would benefit, many others (about 1.4 million others) could lose their jobs. But some Democrats apparently don’t care about those jobs.
- There’s $1 billion in payments to “socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers,” which appears to be some sort of race-based set-aside.
- There’s nearly half a billion dollars in funding for art museums.
- There’s tens of millions for Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers.
- There’s $100 million for an underground rail system in San Jose, California, that is not scheduled to be completed until 2030. How is that an emergency?
- $670 billion would not be spent until 2022 or later, including $140 billion that is allocated for 2024.
And keep in mind that there’s still $1 trillion in unspent funds from emergency spending bills passed last year!
The views here are those of the author and not necessarily Daily Surge
Originally Posted here.
Image: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/; Adapted from: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6869774997
Gary Lee Bauer is an American politician and activist, who served in the Reagan administration. He later became president of the Family Research Council and a senior vice president of Focus on the Family. In 2000, he participated in the Republican presidential contest.
The post Biden’s Emergency COVID Bill — Billions of Spending Cannot Be Defended appeared first on DailySurge.
Visit the USSA News store!
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Daily Surge
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://dailysurge.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.