Be taught extra in regards to the company’s subsequent Pink Planet mission throughout a reside occasion on June 17.
and a panel of scientists and engineers will preview NASA’s subsequent mission to the
Pink Planet, the Mars 2020 Perseverance rover, at a media briefing at 2 p.m. EDT (11
a.m. PDT) on Wednesday, June 17. The reside briefing
will stream on Fb, Ustream, YouTube, Twitter, NASA Tv and the company’s web site.
Perseverance is a robotic scientist weighing just below 2,300 kilos (1,043 kilograms). The rover’s astrobiology mission will seek for indicators of previous microbial life on Mars, characterize the planet’s local weather and geology, acquire rock and soil samples for future return to Earth, and pave the best way for human exploration of the Pink Planet.
Briefing individuals will probably be:
- NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine
- Lori Glaze, director of NASA’s Planetary Science Division at NASA Headquarters in Washington
- Katie Stack Morgan, Perseverance deputy challenge scientist at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Southern California
- Matt Wallace, Perseverance deputy challenge supervisor at JPL
- Luis Dominguez, Perseverance deputy electrical integration and take a look at lead at JPL
- Omar Baez, launch director in NASA’s Launch Providers Program at NASA’s Kennedy Area Heart in Florida
Members of the media and the general public might ask questions on social media throughout the briefing utilizing #AskNASA.
The mission is scheduled to launch from Area Launch Advanced 41 at Cape Canaveral Air Power Station in Florida at 9:15 a.m. EDT (6:15 a.m. PDT) July 20. The launch is managed by NASA’s Launch Providers Program. It’s going to land at Mars’ Jezero Crater on Feb. 18, 2021.
For extra about Perseverance go to:
Information Media Contact
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, http://www.inticweb.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu. The owner of this website may be paid to recommend American Bullion. The content of this website, including the positive review of American Bullion, the negative review of its competitors, and any other information may not be independent or neutral.