A report assembled by the U.S. Air Force revealed that President Trump’s plan to siphon funds from more than four dozen Air Force military construction projects to finance his proposed border wall constitutes a threat to national security.
NBC News acquired the report, which outlines the significance of all 51 military projects that are scheduled to lose their investments by the Trump administration. Projects at risk of security breaches include the construction of a more advanced gate at an overseas U.S. military base due to increased security concerns, the building of a facility to stockpile more than $1 billion in munitions overseas, and the replacement of a boiler that faces “imminent” failure at a base in Alaska.
The article goes on to state the following:
The report details how the entry-control checkpoint at the main gate at Incirlik Air Base in Turkey is “degrading and not properly configured to provide proper protection for pedestrian and vehicle passage.” The report notes that there has been a “higher threat environment” in the region since the U.S. became involved in Syria. The base has been at an increased threat protection level since July 2015.
“Security breaches have increased since the base began Operation Inherent Resolve Support,” the report says. “If not funded, the main gate remains vulnerable to hostile penetration in the midst of contingency operations and an increased terrorist threat.”
Sen. Chuck Schumer lashed out at Trump over the report, tweeting: “Remember this the next time @realDonaldTrump tries to claim he supports military readiness. Believe what they do. Not what they say.”
According to a U.S. Air Force official, a list of projects that were losing funding were only disclosed last week “when a list of un-obligated funds was released to Congress.”
“We had no advanced notice of what projects they chose,” the official said.
Remember this the next time @realDonaldTrump tries to claim he supports military readiness.
Believe what they do. Not what they say.https://t.co/qfLCeoxjH5
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) September 13, 2019
A report assembled by the @USAirForce revealed that @realDonaldTrump‘s plan to siphon funds from more than four dozen USAF construction projects to finance his proposed border wall constitutes a threat to national security. https://t.co/fyvoL3k6Bl
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 13, 2019
Democrats pounced on the story. Examples of their tweeted outrage follow:
So, it’s official. Republicans get to choose, with their vote. National Security, or the wall. https://t.co/NRVFnLwd69
— Brian Schatz (@brianschatz) September 13, 2019
— Gavin Newsom (@GavinNewsom) September 13, 2019
“Projects to upgrade airfields in Germany, Luxembourg, Great Britain, Hungary, and Slovakia have been shelved, leaving the bases unable to support U.S. and NATO airplanes…
USAF: “We had no advanced notice of what projects they chose.” https://t.co/x2IgnISdZy
— Rachel Maddow MSNBC (@maddow) September 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
The post REPORT: Trump plan to fund border wall threatens national security: U.S. Air Force appeared first on DML News.
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://dmlnews.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact the USSANews.com administrator by using the contact form located in the top-left menu. Your request will be immediately honored. Please visit https://dmlnews.com for more terrific, conservative content. The owner of this website may be paid to recommend American Bullion. The content of this website, including the positive review of American Bullion, the negative review of its competitors, and any other information may not be independent or neutral.