U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended moving forward with charges against Andrew McCabe, Fox News has learned, as the Justice Department rejects a last-ditch appeal from the former top FBI official.
McCabe — the former deputy and acting director of the FBI — appealed the decision of the U.S. attorney for Washington all the way up to Jeffrey Rosen, the deputy attorney general, but he rejected that request, according to a person familiar with the situation.
The article goes on to state the following:
A source close to McCabe’s legal team said they received an email from the Department of Justice which said, “The Department rejected your appeal of the United States Attorney’s Office’s decision in this matter. Any further inquiries should be directed to the United States Attorney’s Office.”
McCabe, who recently was hired as a paid CNN commentator, spent 21 years with the FBI. He became the acting director in May 2017 after President Trump fired former director James Comey.
Last month, a source close to the process told Fox News that McCabe had a “target on his back” because of the Justice Department inspector general findings.
BREAKING: US attorney recommends proceeding with charges against McCabe, as DOJ rejects last-ditch appeal https://t.co/TNEUi4oGWx
— John Cardillo (@johncardillo) September 12, 2019
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) September 12, 2019
Source close to McCabe tells me this Fox News report is accurate (not that I doubted it). https://t.co/U5xCpI8tFt
— Chuck Ross (@ChuckRossDC) September 12, 2019
From the Department of JUSTICE.
“The potential charges relate to DOJ inspector general findings against him regarding misleading statements during the Hillary Clinton email investigation.” https://t.co/qtZWHmaviw
— Andrew Clark (@AndrewHClark) September 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
The post BREAKING: US attorney recommends proceeding with charges against McCabe appeared first on DML News.
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://dmlnews.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact the USSANews.com administrator by using the contact form located in the top-left menu. Your request will be immediately honored. Please visit https://dmlnews.com for more terrific, conservative content. The owner of this website may be paid to recommend American Bullion. The content of this website, including the positive review of American Bullion, the negative review of its competitors, and any other information may not be independent or neutral.