Minor with crime record gets off lightly after near-fatal stabbing

The migrant will only serve a suspended sentence and attend mandatory education, despite his criminal record in his host country, according to reports.

Mohammad A, 17, said he would attack his German victim and made good on his promise only days later, stabbing him on a train platform in the town of Beucha.

The migrant was also aware that his assault would be “life-threatening,” according to the prosecution. “Originally, the arrest warrant had been issued against him because of the urgent suspicion of attempted manslaughter,” Epoch Times reported.

The victim of the deadly knife attack, Sebastian M, 17, narrowly survived the viscious stabbing after being rushed into surgery at the University of Leipzig. He had suffered deep wounds to both thighs, clavicle, abdomen, and arm.

The trigger of the murder attempt was apparently a dispute over a girl, which had in the summer of 2017 for about two months dated the migrant. But she broke it off and started dating Sebastian M instead.

Already on December 30, 2018 Mohammad A. is said to have threatened the rival at the station in Borsdorf, saying he was going to stab him. A few days later the threats escalated on platform 1 in Beucha, at the station.

Despite the massive attack, the prosecution ultimately did not pursue the charge of attempted manslaughter, claiming that the assassination intent by the Syrian would be hard to prove.

The stabbing in Beucha has caused consternation, even among leftists . “The young Syrian sought protection with us, now he himself has become a danger – I have no words,” the mayor of Arno Jesse (SPD) said after the fact.

But Mohammad has nevertheless been released and will only serve a two year suspended sentence.

In Waldsteinberg, the unaccompanied underage asylum seeker had also committed two serious crimes. In two incidents at the end of February and early March 2018, staff at a reception centre were held hostage by a deceptively genuine-looking toy gun and threatened. Both victims had feared for their lives.

Clearly, a number of investigations and criminal proceedings had recently been brought against the defendant. “The five months pre- trial detention have shown Mohammad A what consequences it has if he continues to commit crimes,” argued his defence lawyer Andreas Meschkat on Friday however.

He told the Leipziger Volkszeitung that his client will now be held in a facility near Zwickau and will be supervised, where he will attend school.

Visit the USSA News store!
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: fwmstaff


This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, http://freewestmedia.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact the USSANews.com administrator by using the contact form located in the top-left menu. Your request will be immediately honored. Please visit http://freewestmedia.com for more terrific, conservative content. The owner of this website may be paid to recommend American Bullion. The content of this website, including the positive review of American Bullion, the negative review of its competitors, and any other information may not be independent or neutral.

USSANews.com USSANews.com