This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://voiceofeurope.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact the USSANews.com administrator by using the contact form located in the top-left menu. Your request will be immediately honored. Please visit https://voiceofeurope.com for more terrific, conservative content. The owner of this website may be paid to recommend American Bullion. The content of this website, including the positive review of American Bullion, the negative review of its competitors, and any other information may not be independent or neutral.
A jihadist media group linked to ISIS has published a menacing image of Notre Dame in flames once more, warning: ‘Wait for the next’.
The extremist group shared the graphic showing flames in front of the Paris cathedral’s bell towers, which survived Monday’s blaze.
There is no indication that the fire was linked to terror but ISIS fanatics have revelled in the damage to the 850-year-old landmark, a symbol of Western civilisation, just days before Easter.
As the church burned on Monday night the ISIS-linked Al-Munatsir group published a poster of the blazing cathedral accompanied by the words: ‘Have a good day’.
Al-Munatsir has previously shared propaganda rejoicing in terror attacks which have rocked France.
In 2016 a car carrying seven gas cylinders was found near the Notre Dame Cathedral.
Three women were arrested over the alleged terror plot, although they were thought to have been targeting a Paris railway station rather than the cathedral itself
The Paris prosecutor’s office said it was treating the fire as an accident, ruling out arson and possible terror-related motives, at least for now.
Fifty investigators are now working on a ‘long’ and ‘complex’ probe into the cause – but they are not allowed to enter the cathedral yet for safety reasons Paris prosecutor Remy Heitz told reporters.
A Paris judicial official said investigators have questioned about 30 people after the fire at Notre Dame Cathedral.
He said most of them were workers working on the renovation of the monument, including the now-collapsed spire.
Notre Dame’s heritage director has said only one piece of architecture inside the sacred building has been damaged.
Laurent Prades says the high altar, which was installed in 1989, was hit and harmed by the cathedral’s spire when it came crashing down in the flames.
“We have been able to salvage all the rest”, said Mr Prades, who witnessed the recovery first hand overnight.
“All the 18th century steles, the pietas, frescoes, chapels and the big organ are fine.”
One of the cathedral’s most precious objects, a relic purported to be the crown of thorns worn by Jesus Christ on the cross, was whisked away to a secure facility.
Notre Dame’s three “irreplaceable” Rose Windows, which date to the 13th century and were feared to have melted or exploded, were also intact.
Huge sums have been pledged to repair the beloved Paris landmark, which President Emmanuel Macron has set a target of five years to finish.
He said France “will rebuild Notre Dame Cathedral even more beautifully” as he addressed the nation little more than 24 hours after the devastating fire.
In other news...