By B.N. Frank
Since 2017 parents have been asking that this cell tower be removed from school property.
From Inside Towers:
The Ripon Unified School District (RUSD) is working with Sprint to move a tower near Weston Elementary after four students and three teachers were diagnosed with cancer and parents voiced their concerns, reported the Modesto Bee. Some parents pulled their kids from the school, and approximately 200 parents attended a recent Ripon school board meeting to demand action.
Richard Rex, whose family lives across the street from Weston School, said a bump appeared on his 11-year-old son’s abdomen a month ago and was found to wrap around his liver. He said his son’s classroom is near the tower.
According to Oase, the school district sympathized with the families, but the district has no out clause in the 25-year lease agreement with Sprint. The district and Sprint will have to mutually agree to a relocation of the tower, reported the Bee.
Parent Monica Ferrulli, who watched her son’s cancer relapse last year, countered that parents arranged for testing that showed much higher readings. The Cochran law firm of Los Angeles has been hired to look at health effects of the cell tower and also water contamination as a possible source. “We are not so naive as to rule out other environmental factors,” Ferrulli said.
Don’t rule out these factors either:
- No “safe” level of wireless radiation exposure has been scientifically determined for kids or pregnant women.
- Since 2004, the International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) has opposed the use of their stations for cell towers and antennas because of health risks from exposure.
- Telecom companies have been warning shareholders that they may eventually be held liable for harm caused by their products and infrastructure.
- Insurance companies don’t seem to be interested in doing business anymore with telecom companies either because it’s too risky.
Contract or not, hopefully Sprint will decide to move the cell tower or pay to shield the school. Otherwise, they will look even more heartless than they do now – if that’s possible.
For more information, visit the following websites:
- Wireless Information Network
- Americans for Responsible Technology
- Center For Safer Wireless
- Center For Electrosmog Prevention
- Clear Light Ventures
- EMF Safety Network
- Environmental Health Trust
- Generation Zapped
- National Association for Children and Safe Technology
- Parents for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech
- We Are The Evidence
- Wireless Right to Know
Visit the USSA News store!
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Activist Post
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://www.activistpost.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact the USSANews.com administrator by using the contact form located in the top-left menu. Your request will be immediately honored. Please visit https://www.activistpost.com for more terrific, conservative content. The owner of this website may be paid to recommend American Bullion. The content of this website, including the positive review of American Bullion, the negative review of its competitors, and any other information may not be independent or neutral.