Authorities have revealed the cause of death for the three Americans who were found dead at a Sandals resort in the Bahamas in early May.
According to a news release from the Royal Bahamas Police Force on Tuesday, the tourists, Tennessee residents Michael Phillips, 68, and his wife, Robbie Phillips, 65, as well as Florida resident Vincent Paul Chiarella, 64 died “as a result of asphyxiation due to carbon monoxide poisoning.”
“At this juncture of the investigation, we can officially confirm that all three of the victims died as a result of asphyxiation due to carbon monoxide poisoning,” the Royal Bahamas Police Force announced in a news release.
On May 6, personnel at the Sandals Emerald Bay resort on Exuma discovered the two couples in different villas. Donnis Chiarella, the 65-year-old wife of Vincent, was evacuated to a hospital in Florida after surviving and was initially given a severe condition rating.
Bahamas Police Commissioner Paul Rolle stated in May that the two couples had eaten at various restaurants and had reported feeling sick the previous evening. They had also been visited by medical personnel before staff discovered the bodies the following morning.
Authorities said that the remains showed no evidence of trauma, and acting Prime Minister Chester Cooper of the Bahamas claimed there was no indication of foul play, Other than the causes of death listed in the most recent news release for all three US individuals, the police department said that the incident remains “under investigation” at this time.
“This matter remains under active investigation,” the Royal Bahamas Police Force said.
In a statement on Wednesday, Sandals Resorts spokesperson Stacy Royal said:
“Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our guests and team members is and will always be paramount.
“We have taken additional measures such as engaging environmental safety experts for a comprehensive review of all systems across the resort. In addition, CO detectors have been placed in all guest rooms at Sandals Emerald Bay and detectors will be installed in all guest rooms throughout the portfolio.”
Three Americans Mysteriously Die At Sandals Resort In Bahamas, State Dept. ‘Closely Monitoring’ Investigation https://t.co/eqSroF3OXn
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) May 10, 2022
Watch it here: Youtube/Good Morning America
Click this link for the original source of this article.
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, http://patriotnationpress.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.