Women in the New Nigeria (WINN) is a leading women-led and women’s rights non-governmental organization established in 2010 and legally incorporated in 2013, that focuses on women’s empowerment and enhancing the lives of youths. WINN has presence in 17 states in Nigeria, including FCT Abuja, and an international presence in eight (8) countries: North America (WINNA), WIN Ghana, WIN Mozambique, WIN South Africa, WIN Sierra Leone, WIN World UK, WIN Niger, WIN Cameroun.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (with frequent visits to field locations)
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 3 years
Proposed Start Date: September 2022
- Women in the New Nigeria (WINN) is a national indigenous non-governmental organization that focuses on the empowerment of women’s, girls and Persons with Disabilities.
- WINN has been in partnership with CBM International, and has implemented several CBM funded project in Borno State, Nigeria.
- CBM has secured funding from German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO) which will be implemented by its partners WINN in Borno State.
- The program aims to improve living conditions and access to inclusive humanitarian assistance for populations affected by displacement due to complex humanitarian crises (IDPs, refugees, returnees) and members of host communities.
- With special attention to the needs and rights of persons with disabilities, measures in the two sectors of health and protection are intended to be implemented in Borno State.
General Position Summary
- The Technical Officer Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) supervises the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of MHPSS components of the program and contribute to the development of project staff and project delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities
- He or she will support the project team and trainers during the training phase
- Communicate, provide technical guidance, and support to clinic/health facility staff
- Supports the supervision process set up for MHPSS clinic/health facility staff
- Debrief on a weekly basis with the clinic/health facility staff.
- Provides follow-up on the day-to-day progress of activities at the field level, mainly the activities implemented by the clinic staff based on a well-set plan designed by the coordinator and program manager.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with relevant partners and other project stakeholders working in the project areas.
- Ensures documents are recorded and maintained confidentially at all times.
- Ensures that confidentiality and consent processes are in place and adhered to.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the technical monitoring tools for the project’s activities for all MHPSS components, in collaboration with MHPSS.
- Supports follow up of the referred cases, with the patient and the referring counsellor.
- Supports the workshops, training, and meetings hosted as part of the project.
- Provide supervision to the team in the field
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts.
- Create and maintain systems ensuring effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor and WINN policies and procedures.
- Draft and/or review scope of work to hire and manage any technical consultants, including review for technical efficacy and contract budget.
- Liaise with each member of the team in the provision of health services.
- Participate in the planning of project intervention
- Participates actively in cluster meetings and coordination meetings.
- Attend stakeholder meetings on behalf of WINN when called upon
- Attend and report the meeting minutes.
- Compile the, daily and weekly activities report to submit to the Medical Supervisor.
- Participate in the weekly computerization and analysis of the medical data.
- Other duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
- B.Sc Degree in Psychology or Clinical Psychologist with 3 years’ experience.
- Significant experience in similar positions.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Organizational skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities
- Team spirit.
- S/he will supervise Psychiatric Nurses.
- Reports Directly to: Project Coordinator
- Works Directly with: Finance, Program, MEL, and Operation Teams, partner staff.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Application Letters electronically as one MS Document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://breakingwide.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.