For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM is active in North-East Nigeria since 2016. The program is implemented around the main following components:
- Access to primary health care,
- nutrition treatment (severe acute malnutrition),
- gender based violence survivors’ treatment,
- mental health and psychological support.
MdM has its coordination office in Maiduguri and a sub office in Damboa. The team is composed of around 10 expatriates and 300 national staffs.
Untill recently MdM’s intervention was pretty much emergency oriented, with five MdM runned clinics (3 in Maiduguri, 2 in Damboa) plus an emergency response team (ERT) for rapid response to sudden population displacements and cholera outbreaks.
At the same time, a new crisis has arrisen in North-West Nigeria in link with massive banditery acts and farmers/herders conflict dynamics. Two needs assessments have been conducted by MdM teams in Zamfara State in 2021 and even though we are not planning to be operational in this area in the coming months, we keep a close eye to the developmentrs in this region and start to work on our access strategy. This could led to a scale-up in MDM’s humanitarian operations.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for the overall management of MdM’s programmes and administrative departments and good team spirit.
You directly supervise the logistics and program teams in Maiduguri. You receive technical support from the coordination team that is still currently based in Maiduguri.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Ensure adequate information flow within the different departments
- Oversee and coordinate the general functioning of the base and all departments
- Create and maintain a team spirit within the different departments and amongst the staff
- Participate in the set-up of the new organization chart
Program implementation and management
- Ensure the implementation of the programme and its follow-up
- Assess the needs in the field and adjust the programmes and responses to the needs
- Contribute to the definition and revision of the strategy, draw up scenarios and proposals, support budget creation and revision for future or new activities
Logistics, finance and administration
- Ensure projects are implemented in compliance with procedures and guidelines
- Ensure appropriate logistical systems and procedures are in place, maintained and respected
- Work closely with the logistics coordinator to ensure adequate risks management at the Maiduguri base level
- Ensure financial needs are well planned
Human resources management
- Conduct regular team building activities, ensure the well-being of staff, facilitate and support stress management activities
- Contribute to recruitment and selection of staff
- Be responsible for the disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Carry out performance review as per requirements and procedures
- Ensure all new team members are briefed on arrival in the field and departing team members are debriefed
- Be responsible for capacity building and training of personnel
- Work closely with the human resources coordinator to ensure proper management of day-to-day issues
- Carry out representation with other NGOs, UN agencies, government bodies, traditional authorities, donors and other parties
- Participate on a regular basis in all relevant meetings and build strong relationships with all partners working in the area
Safety and security management
- Ensure team security and safety
- Monitor the political and security situation in the area
- Ensure security guidelines are developed, shared, implemented and regularly reviewed
- Ensure security and incident reports are sent to the security and liaison officer and the general coordinator
- Elaborate coordination reports with the coordination team
- Participate to the writing of proposals and reports to donors
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 6 months
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Gross monthly salary: 3 175 euros
- Based in Maiduguri with regular field visits to sites of intervention or assessment
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Single posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Higher education in project management or general field of study
- Minimum three year experience in a similar position with an international NGO working in emergency contexts, preferably within the health sector, or previous field experience with MdM in different contexts
- Experience of security management at the field site level
- English: fluent (oral and written)
- Hawsa or Arabic or Kanuri is an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications. MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JiBsLoJw?idpartenaire=128
Click this link for the original source of this article.
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://breakingwide.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.