If I’m not mistaken, standing with Ukraine has the distinction of inspiring the “I stand with the current thing” meme. And that’s more fitting than ever. It’s pride month, and why the hell would that matter? If you stand with Ukraine, you’re an anti-gay bigot.
Same-sex marriage is constitutionally banned in Ukraine.
- Article 51 of the Constitution specifically defines marriage as a voluntary union between a man and a woman. No legal recognition exists for same-sex marriage, nor is there any sort of more limited recognition for same-sex couples.
- In June 2018, the Justice Ministry confirmed that currently “there is no legal grounds” for same-sex marriage and civil partnerships in Ukraine.
- Only couples married in a registered different-sex marriage are allowed to adopt children from Ukraine.
- In another Angus Reid Global Monitor survey, this one in June 2007, on a long list of possible social reforms in the country, legalization of same-sex marriage only received 4.7% of the vote,
- A May 2013 poll by GfK Ukraine found that … 79.4% were opposed to any form of recognition (for same-sex marriage).
- A Pew Research Center poll published in May 2017 suggested that 9% of Ukrainians were in favor of same-sex marriage, while 85% opposed it.
Feel free to find your “liberal friends” online and share this “news” with them. And please, let us know how that goes.
The post If You “Stand with Ukraine” You’re an Anti-Gay Bigot! (Gay Marriage is Banned by their Constitution) appeared first on Granite Grok.
Click this link for the original source of this article.
Author: Steve MacDonald
This content is courtesy of, and owned and copyrighted by, https://granitegrok.com and its author. This content is made available by use of the public RSS feed offered by the host site and is used for educational purposes only. If you are the author or represent the host site and would like this content removed now and in the future, please contact USSANews.com using the email address in the Contact page found in the website menu.