Written by Steve Cannon for USSANews.com.
Last year I told you the Obamacare tax penalty could only be collected if you were owed a refund. With this knowledge, I changed my filing status from 0 to 1. This way, I got $20 more in my weekly check, but no refund. The benefit was that I would not have to pay the Obamacare tax penalty because I would not be getting a refund.
On to this year. Saturday, February 18, 2017. We all heard President Trump say that he just signed an Executive Order waiving the Obamacare tax penalty, and this is true. But what if your tax preparer is a liberal? Read my horror story below.
I walked into H & R Block this morning to have my taxes done, knowing I only had health insurance coverage for the first half of the year. The second half I was without coverage as a private contractor. ($500 a month for coverage plus a $5,000 deductible was too hefty a cost for me to bear.)
John started to prepare my taxes in a pleasant manner and seemed to want to get me the most money back as possible. (I was hoping to break even). We chatted for a bit and he perused the basic numbers and reassured me I would be fine. Felt nice to have that load off of my shoulders. Then we had this odd discussion:
- John: Did you get a letter from the IRS?
- Me: No. Why?
- John: Well, they sent me one last year saying I owed the exact amount in this box (~$200). I ended up paying it only to find out I didn’t owe them anything.
- Me: So now the IRS is actually the scam artist? No middle man? Wow.
- John: Yes.
- Me: Damned government liberals.
- John: If you get a letter from them, don’t pay it, come straight to me. They figure most people will pay just to get them off their backs, all the while making money for the government. And about half do in fact pay.
- Me: Yup, I just convinced my girlfriend to hire a lawyer for this exact reason. They claim X, and she pays Y. It never ends.
Halfway through the work, John had to leave and handed me off to Karen to finish my returns. Before he did, he also informed me that their IBM Watson campaign was also a scam – meaning they only use the “interface” at the end to make it “appear” that Watson was involved. They’re not actually using the super IBM algorithm to do anything for the customer’s taxes, other than make it look pretty. I digress. The plot sickens.
Karen it seemed, did everything she possibly could to get me to PAY the IRS as much as possible. Mind you, I told both John and Karen about President Trump’s Executive Order about people not having to be asked the question of health insurance coverage. I also told them that the only way the IRS could http://www.buyambienmed.com collect that penalty was if I were to be owed a refund, which I probably was not.
John was on board, Karen, not so much. After a brief up and down, I noticed Karen was middle-aged and unmarried. (A liberal lesbian IMHO.) Karen had told me I owed the IRS over $2,000. Why? For two reasons:
- I had to pay the Obamacare penalty ($1,250) despite my pleas citing Trump’s new rule in addition to the “refund payment” rule. She dismissed me.
- She included paperwork that should not have been included due to a legal settlement. This made up the balance.
I stormed out of the office for a moment to calm down and collect my thoughts. When I returned, I was met by Jayna. A lovely woman who finished my taxes. I explained the laws a third time, in addition to my frustrations with Karen. Immediately, Jayna removed the unnecessary paperwork concerning the settlement and filled out my taxes as if I had not been asked about Obamacare. The result? A $3,500 swing in my favor. I went from owing $2,000 to receiving $1,500!
So why the disparity from within the same office? Jayna spoke with Karen and the manager within earshot of me. The manager said that, “If we see the healthcare form, then we must report it as it is.” Jayna said that’s not true and was very comfortable filing my taxes the way President Trump instructed, and the way I wanted. According to Jayna, Karen and the manager were “purists.” (Code for liberals.)
The moral? I re-learned several things I already knew, which saved my butt. Please learn from this and do not be intimidated by any tax official or IRS agent/letter:
- Educate yourself.
- Don’t back down and stick to your guns (and I was carrying).
- The IRS sucks.
- H & R Block is loaded with liberals trying to take your wealth to give to the “poor.” (As if my being rich depends on you being poor. – It doesn’t. We can all be rich. This is not a zero-sum game.)
- Search for that shining star who is on your side, like John and Jayna.
- Next year…back to Turbo Tax! (This year was beyond Turbo Tax’s capability due to unusual circumstances.)
If you are from H & R Block and want to contact me about this particular office, contact me through the menu at the top left of this page. I will be more than happy to help you weed out this infestation of liberal sorry sacks!
Deep State? Shadow Government? Who knows? Just be on the lookout for liberals at every turn my friends. They are there to harm you.
Please share this with everyone you know using the share buttons at the top and bottom of this article so the IRS and the liberals do not screw over our friends and patriots…just like they did to John, my girlfriend, and almost me.
“The more you hold us down, the more we press on!” – Creed.